“My Weekly Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #7 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
Atlanta, Georgia
“My Weekly Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I travel to Huntsville every Monday - Thursday for work and the Doubletree is my home away from home. It is newly renovated so everything is fresh and modern with a classy/comforting flair. The staff is absolutely AMAZING and they do everything they can to make sure your stay is awesome! Kristina at the front desk in the evenings is one of my favorite people in the entire state of Alabama and absolutely ANYTHING you need she will be sure you have. Literally it brightens my day to walk in from work in the evenings and talk to her. I also met Joshua last night when I visited the front desk with quite a number of requests and he took care of my every need. He was so kind and so good at making sure that every guest in the hotel was taken care of. The restaurant: Cafe Alana Shay is a James Boyce restaurant (whom I definitely consider one of Huntsville's premier chef's) and the food is AWESOME! From the warm spinach salad to the duck confit spring rolls, everything is delicious. Overall I keep coming back to this property, even after spending 4 months at the Embassy Suites. I love it, they are great!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are my favorite!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Our DoubleTree Suites Huntsville-South family would like to graciously acknowledge your wonderful review. We could of not ask for a more sincere review and we are grateful. As part of our family we will continue to serve you and ensure every need is taken care of. We can not wait to have you with us again!

Jesse Martinez

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree last month over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The bed was very comfortable, the room was spotless and came with a number of conveniences: refrigerator, coffee maker (with good coffee) and a microwave. The fitness center was well equipped and clean. The breakfast was adequate (buffet needed refilled) but that wasn't a big concern. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very happy you enjoyed your experience with us. Our staff is dedicated to serving our guests and we are so pleased they met your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business for several weeks. You can tell that they have recently renovated. Great decorating except for a few wacky carpet patterns. Beautiful restaurant with an average, yet extensive,breakfast. Pool was still open despite cold. Looked like it would be great in warmer weather. Housekeeping very friendly. The room I was staying in was near an outside speaker that was playing jazz late at night. I called the front desk and informed them. It was handled perfectly by Josh and taken care of Immediately!! Overall experience excellent.

• Stayed November 2012
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
On behalf of the DoubleTree By Hilton Huntsville-South we are very pleased for your wonderful review. Knowing that we met / exceeded your expectations during your stay, once again validates why we are in the profession of hospitality! I will pass on the kinds words to Josh, who is one of our top front desk agents. If ever your travels bring you to Huntsville again, please do not forget about your friends here!
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed in several Doubletree hotels and this one is definitely my favorite. It is very inviting from the outside and very contemporary and trendy inside. I'm not sure if this is a new hotel or an older one that had been renovated, but I absolutely adore the decor of the entire place. The colors of the furniture, cushions, and even the walls are very invigorating.
I ordered room service from the hotel restaurant, Café Alana Shay, and the food was amazing!! I ordered the roasted chicken that came with succotash and kale. The chicken was roasted to perfection and the skin was perfectly salted and crispy. I'm a huge fan of crispy chicken skin so I was very excited to find that it was cooked perfectly.
The staff was very inviting and helpful. The business center was set up very nicely with 3 very large screened computers and a printer.
I go to Huntsville a few times a year so I plan on staying here every single time!
Very well done, Hilton!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed here on a business trip.

Exterior does not do the facility any justice. My first impression was...really? However, the lobby is very "modern" and the rooms are just as nice. It appears that the facility was undergoing a facelift, so maybe the exterior will catch up to the interior soon.

The one thing I could not relate to, was the 2hr limit on the free WiFi service, otherwise you had to pay $9.99 each day. Almost a "bait & switch" technique to make you think they have free Wifi. Not so bad if they also provided a hard line ethernet connection as an alternate.

Overall...nice, but with internet connectivity important in my business, I wold most likely find another facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Have never stayed at this property before, but it's going to be my choice from now on. Newly renovated, the rooms are great. Big, suite style room, with two big flatscreens. The walk-in shower was great, too. Food was pretty good as well. Staff was excellent in all areas. I don't see how you can top this place without paying twice as much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We just stayed for one night on our way to Florida. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly. However, the bed was awful and the air woke us up every time it came on (which was a lot). Left not feeling rested.

The only other issue I had is when I booked the room the website said it had a heated indoor pool. The hotel does not have this. There was an outdoor pool and a hot tub that was freezing. I checked their website before writing this review and they still advertise a heated indoor pool. Kids were disappointed.

From their website:

Highlights

Located just off Memorial Parkway
Heated indoor pool
Over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space
24-hour fitness center
Great food at Café Alana Shay

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South? Share your experiences!