“Great hotel nestled in the Silicone Valley of the East.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“Great hotel nestled in the Silicone Valley of the East.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here on business for several weeks. You can tell that they have recently renovated. Great decorating except for a few wacky carpet patterns. Beautiful restaurant with an average, yet extensive,breakfast. Pool was still open despite cold. Looked like it would be great in warmer weather. Housekeeping very friendly. The room I was staying in was near an outside speaker that was playing jazz late at night. I called the front desk and informed them. It was handled perfectly by Josh and taken care of Immediately!! Overall experience excellent.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
On behalf of the DoubleTree By Hilton Huntsville-South we are very pleased for your wonderful review. Knowing that we met / exceeded your expectations during your stay, once again validates why we are in the profession of hospitality! I will pass on the kinds words to Josh, who is one of our top front desk agents. If ever your travels bring you to Huntsville again, please do not forget about your friends here!

Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed in several Doubletree hotels and this one is definitely my favorite. It is very inviting from the outside and very contemporary and trendy inside. I'm not sure if this is a new hotel or an older one that had been renovated, but I absolutely adore the decor of the entire place. The colors of the furniture, cushions, and even the walls are very invigorating.
I ordered room service from the hotel restaurant, Café Alana Shay, and the food was amazing!! I ordered the roasted chicken that came with succotash and kale. The chicken was roasted to perfection and the skin was perfectly salted and crispy. I'm a huge fan of crispy chicken skin so I was very excited to find that it was cooked perfectly.
The staff was very inviting and helpful. The business center was set up very nicely with 3 very large screened computers and a printer.
I go to Huntsville a few times a year so I plan on staying here every single time!
Very well done, Hilton!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed here on a business trip.

Exterior does not do the facility any justice. My first impression was...really? However, the lobby is very "modern" and the rooms are just as nice. It appears that the facility was undergoing a facelift, so maybe the exterior will catch up to the interior soon.

The one thing I could not relate to, was the 2hr limit on the free WiFi service, otherwise you had to pay $9.99 each day. Almost a "bait & switch" technique to make you think they have free Wifi. Not so bad if they also provided a hard line ethernet connection as an alternate.

Overall...nice, but with internet connectivity important in my business, I wold most likely find another facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Have never stayed at this property before, but it's going to be my choice from now on. Newly renovated, the rooms are great. Big, suite style room, with two big flatscreens. The walk-in shower was great, too. Food was pretty good as well. Staff was excellent in all areas. I don't see how you can top this place without paying twice as much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We just stayed for one night on our way to Florida. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly. However, the bed was awful and the air woke us up every time it came on (which was a lot). Left not feeling rested.

The only other issue I had is when I booked the room the website said it had a heated indoor pool. The hotel does not have this. There was an outdoor pool and a hot tub that was freezing. I checked their website before writing this review and they still advertise a heated indoor pool. Kids were disappointed.

From their website:

24-hour fitness center
Great food at Café Alana Shay

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms completely remodeled just like new. We needed a place to stay while work was done on our house. This hotel was close and met our needs. Would stay here again if needed. I have no idea why reviews have to be 200 characters long so I typed this to fill space.

• Stayed September 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was brand new and really nicelly decorated. All of the rooms are suites so they are large and comfortable. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. Only downsides-- the staff appear to be very inexperienced. Before I arrived, I had called to ask about a really good restaurant where I had previously eaten, which was also close to the hotel. (I was hoping the restaurant was still there.) No one at the hotel knew what I was talking about.  When I arrived at the hotel, however, I saw that the restaurant was essentially across the parking lot. (D & L Bistro-- great food and quiet). Also no full length mirror. When I suggested to the manager that they get the mirrors, she giggled. But, that said, the rooms had a microwave and refrigerator. Price was very reasonable and I will definately return. One other suggestion. The workout room in the hotel is small but it has free weights along with aerobic machines. However, there is a new a YMCA about 5 miles away which is worth the drive.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business