“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Well worth the price for a very unique experience. Make sure you purchase the bucket of food for $5. The animals literally swarm your car as you drive through the park- our 2 yr old loved every minute of it! *cash only*

Visited May 2014

Florence, AL
23 attraction reviews
“Definite Must-Do in Huntsville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My son and I go here about 5 times every year and we absolutely have a blast every time! It's a 2-mile strip of road that you drive down with your windows rolled down halfway and all these animals (zebras, buffalo, goats, sheep, emu,etc..) literally stick their heads in your car and you feed them. Those animals know that cars mean food so they are not shy at all (FYI: you'll probably need a car wash after you leave)! You can drive the 2-mile loop over and over again if you want. After you're done with that, they have a reptile trailer where they have all kinds of lizards, snakes, frogs, and even an alligator. Then you go back outside to the turtle sanctuary where you can purchase $1 cups of lettuce to feed the tortoises that come right up to you. You can also walk on some trails to see kangaroos and a giraffe. I recommend this place to absolutely everyone and they all become addicted as well. Definitely recommend!

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Great Safari Park - A Must Do in Huntsville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a great Safari Park - Very inexpensive $8.00 a person - $5.00 for a bucket of feed.
Animals come right up to your car - Saw a Awesome White Peacock, unbelievably beautiful.
Giraffe & Kangaroo's totally a great experience.

“Fun for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We visited harmony safari park this weekend for the first time. It was so much fun. It was $8 a person 2 and under free. As you drive in you can buy a solo cup of feed f I r $1 or like us get a bucket for $5 to share. The kids loved the animals sticking their heads in the windows. Word of advise don't drive a nice or clean car because the animals will get very close and loved to lock the windows. Once you finish the drive through they have a tortoise habitat that you can walk in and pet the turtles. They have monkeys and parrots in cages. Alligators a kangaroo and a giraffe also a reptile habitat. It's a really fun day trip. Not sure who laughed more the adults or kids. Loved it!

Raleigh, North Carolina
74 attraction reviews
“worth a trip for $8”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I think I would be more impressed had I not already seen such animals up close before. Having been to a similar park in my home state of North Carolina, it was hard for me not to compare the 2. What enticed me to visit this park was that at the one in NC we were not allowed to feed the zebras (they bite,) but at Harmony Park we could. However, everything else paled in comparison. The rules at this park are that your window must stay rolled up 1/2 way, which is not required at the last one I visited. There are photos posted on this page with the animals heads all the way in the car, but when you pay to enter the park they give you a list of rules. You are not allowed to open your door or get out of your car, your window must stay up half way, and you are not allowed to hand or bucket feed the animals here (which was allowed in NC.) They want you to throw the food on the ground outside your car for the animals to eat. (I will admit I didn't obey that rule) what fun is that? The rules they give you upon entry and the signs all over the park warn you about the animals stating, "they look docile but they are not!," and a sign on a separate area where a zebra is caged warning, She is dangerous!" That intimidated me a bit to interact with the animals. I was disappointed by the lack of variety in the animals that were present when I visited. There were a couple of llamas, 1 zebra, a few goats and ostriches, and a lot of cows. Other travelers have posted photos of a camel at their car window but I did not see one. I did not see any large tortoises as some other posters saw either. They do have 1 giraffe that was inside in an enclosure that we could only see through a small window up high. I did not see any lemurs as another traveler mentioned. They have a kangaroo but it is in a cage. They have an interesting section of snakes, turtles, frogs, etc that are inside. Many animals weren't outside because it wasn't warm enough but it was in the high 70's. There isn't really a clear path to drive through and the path splits in different directions which gets confusing. The park in NC also has a wagon ride you can take in addition to the drive through. You can bucket feed the giraffes. Other than the Space and Rocket Center, there isn't really anything else to do in Huntsville and for the price I would still recommend going if you are in the area. Be sure to bring cash and since you have to keep your window half up be prepared for big smears of sloppy cow spit all over your windows. You will need a car wash afterward. If you are ever in NC check out Lazy 5 Ranch!