“Service and Food was average.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Middle Tennessee
“Service and Food was average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had an early dinner at Mama's on a Saturday using a Groupon. The food was ok and the service was average but there were only a few people in the restaurant. There were dirty glasses left on the bar, as if they hadn't been cleaned up from the night before. The prices are reasonable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Huntsville, Alabama
“Delicious lunch and dinner...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I ate there one day during the week with a friend and had to return on a Sunday with my hubby after bragging about it to him...I'm so glad it was good both times as my hubby would not have been happy if it wasn't. For lunch I had the "Tex Mex chicken salad"..it was fresh..with plenty of vegetables. great spicy ranch dressing and a nice baked roll.. for dinner I ordered meatloaf and had a hard time deciding my side as the choices were so vast and a great variety as well. The meatloaf was enough for two..my hubby had Chicken fried chicken"....he raved about it and his sides were good also. The cornbread was so delicious it was like a dessert..Can't wait to go again!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Reasonable Prices and Better Than Average Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Service was attentive and competent; however, the restaurant was decidedly not busy. Food was well prepared and promptly served. Menu is varied and the prices are very reasonable.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Go visit soon--won't last another year”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Huntsville has a ton of restaurants, and there is fierce competition. My wife and I got a "Groupon" to use worth $20 and decided to try this place out. The location is fine and fairly easy to get to. It's a decent sized place, too. We went in and found a fairly extensive menu, everything from Italian to salads to seafood and American fare. My wife got the filet, and I got the chicken enchiladas. The filet was OK but the enchiladas (their specialty, according to the menu) was not good Mexican at all. The service was below average--the gal that waited on us looked and sounded like a zombie, and was rarely around when we needed her (drink refill please!). We can't say it was bad, we can just say it wasn't memorable and we won't return. The place was less than half-filled when we left, and I predict it will be out of business within 12 months. Great idea, but we can get much better in this town. Sorry fellas, just average.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Talk about good solid down-home cooking....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I'd heard mixed reviews on this place. So I've tried it out - - twice. Once, I had the brisket dinner and my companion had the chicken fried chicken. Both entrees were excellent to outstanding. Both of us took enough food home for lunch the next day! I recommend the creamed corn as a side dish! So, I mentioned it at work, and was surprised to hear that some people thought their menu was TOO extensive. Went back with a different companion. This time, I had the porkchop with apples and cherries; she had the lasagna. I thought the porkchop was outstanding; she thought the tomato sauce was really good pizza sauce, but needed more oregano etc. for a really outstanding lasagna. Again, large portions for very reasonable prices. And, no wait to be seated on a Saturday night!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere