“GREAT PRICE AND ROOM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center

You added Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Kansas City
“GREAT PRICE AND ROOM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This stay is a MUST... grt service, room, shower with adjustable head, location, clean, soft beds just a fantastic experience....!!!! Good access to highways, business location and highway availablity.. rite off of 565 major highway and only min from downtown. couldnt ask for more

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Please allow us to thank you for publishing such a positive review of your stay at our Extended Stay America Huntsville location and such kind words about our staff. It's always satisfying to read uplifting feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Once again, thank you. We hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed in quite a bit of hotels in my time and because the rate was so reasonable I had my hesitations at first, but ended up being very pleased with my stay. I was only in town for two nights but felt very comfortable, slept very well (surprisingly comfortable bed) and was very excited to discover that wifi was free (rare in the hotels I stay in). Good location, not far from Bridgestreet where I spent most of my time eating out. The staff was helpful, I called the front desk a few times for information and they were very friendly. I was pleased and will plan to stay here again when I return to the Huntsville area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our Extended Stay America Huntsville - U.S. Space And Rocket Center location. We always find it gratifying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our happy customers and are very thankful to serve your lodging needs.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

More like a cheap motel. The rooms are renovated but that does little to make you feel comfortable in this place. The rent is cheap and some of the guests are local live-ins with questionable charactor. It seemed as though some drug deals were happening right at the hotel. There are not hallways with the door entrances all opening to the outside like a cheap motel. The walkways and stairwells are dirty along with a the one elevator that always wreaks of smoke. The guests were loud running around at all hours. I swear it sounded like they were playing basketball up there. I will be moving to the Hilton Garden Inn right next door if I have to stay here any longer than a week.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Chance to be down at MSFC for 14 weeks, needed an inexpensive stay, read the good reviews and the fact that if it wasn't a good review mgmt was quick to respond... I have to have good internet connectivity due to my university and employment, when asked I was given 16mbps. Drove the 23 hours to here, set up my computer... 0.7mbps! Have had nothing but issues with Guest-Tek, finally purchased the 'up to 3mbps'... now it is at 0.08 if it works at all! I know it's not entirely the hotel's fault... but I cannot stay 14 weeks and not have access to my classes. I will re-review if it gets better... or worse :(

Room Tip: On second floor, neighbors are quite noisy and the sprinkler heads make noise when someone walks aro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed eight days with my boyfriend, we paid $400 dollars or something.
The room was clean enough, even though I didn't really trust the bed.
The staff is nice enough, the location is quiet enough.
They have a refrigerator and some pans to use if you want to cook.

The pillows suck, they are like hygienic cotton balls stuffed into a pillow case.
The wifi sucks, you can pay extra to speed it up though.

The second day some man woke us up knocking on the door telling us 'cleaning', and wouldn't leave us alone until we opened the door. (the office called too though) And he came in saying he had to work on the air conditioning unit. It scared me because I was half naked and it was so early in the morning. I would have refused to let him in if it weren't for my boyfriend. I hid in the bathroom. It was uncomfortable being bothered like that.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room, staff and location. However, given the issues you had with our bedding, pillows and wireless internet access during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you. We have also reviewed guest satisfaction in regards to privacy with our associates and feel confident this type of issue will not arise again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

First let me tell you what I did wrong:
1) although clearly displayed and spelled out, I did not notice the cheap rooms are smoking. The stale smoke smell was gagging.
2) I was very sunburned when I stayed. The sheets felt like sandpaper & that thin "blanket" felt like steel wool. I was in sheer agony all night despite several ibuprofen.

When I first checked in it the computers were down. The lady used one of those carbon copy devices to make a copy of my credit card. When I asked how much it would be I was told "we won't know until the computers are back up." I booked the room online so I should be paying 1/2 the regular room rate. So I feel like I just wrote them a blank check.

Weird stains on the carpet.
The smoke detector has a very bright green light directly over the bed.
Refrigerator cuts on & off all night.
Sink water tasted yucky.
Hard to find the office (there is a sign but the office looks like its been inserted in a room).

Great location. Only 5 minutes from the Space & Rocket Museum.

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. As well, in this day and age of computers being used over paper, I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with a receipt totaling the amount of your stay. Every once in a while electronics can go down, being in need of repair, something we strive to not have happen.

Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Yucaipa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Room smelled like stinky socks or corn chips. We bought a bottle of Febreze to survive. The room was not very clean. This motel is deceiving since it looks better from the outside than it really is. The towels were like sandpaper. The best part was the price of only $60 per night. We paid for what we got.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected for cleanliness and smelling fresh prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Been to Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center

Address: 4751 Governor's House Dr., Huntsville, AL 35805
Location: United States > Alabama > Huntsville
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Huntsville
Huntsville Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.