“Could have been worse.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Ranked #42 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Could have been worse.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed eight days with my boyfriend, we paid $400 dollars or something.
The room was clean enough, even though I didn't really trust the bed.
The staff is nice enough, the location is quiet enough.
They have a refrigerator and some pans to use if you want to cook.

The pillows suck, they are like hygienic cotton balls stuffed into a pillow case.
The wifi sucks, you can pay extra to speed it up though.

The second day some man woke us up knocking on the door telling us 'cleaning', and wouldn't leave us alone until we opened the door. (the office called too though) And he came in saying he had to work on the air conditioning unit. It scared me because I was half naked and it was so early in the morning. I would have refused to let him in if it weren't for my boyfriend. I hid in the bathroom. It was uncomfortable being bothered like that.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room, staff and location. However, given the issues you had with our bedding, pillows and wireless internet access during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you. We have also reviewed guest satisfaction in regards to privacy with our associates and feel confident this type of issue will not arise again.

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

First let me tell you what I did wrong:
1) although clearly displayed and spelled out, I did not notice the cheap rooms are smoking. The stale smoke smell was gagging.
2) I was very sunburned when I stayed. The sheets felt like sandpaper & that thin "blanket" felt like steel wool. I was in sheer agony all night despite several ibuprofen.

When I first checked in it the computers were down. The lady used one of those carbon copy devices to make a copy of my credit card. When I asked how much it would be I was told "we won't know until the computers are back up." I booked the room online so I should be paying 1/2 the regular room rate. So I feel like I just wrote them a blank check.

Weird stains on the carpet.
The smoke detector has a very bright green light directly over the bed.
Refrigerator cuts on & off all night.
Sink water tasted yucky.
Hard to find the office (there is a sign but the office looks like its been inserted in a room).

Great location. Only 5 minutes from the Space & Rocket Museum.

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. As well, in this day and age of computers being used over paper, I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with a receipt totaling the amount of your stay. Every once in a while electronics can go down, being in need of repair, something we strive to not have happen.

Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Yucaipa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Room smelled like stinky socks or corn chips. We bought a bottle of Febreze to survive. The room was not very clean. This motel is deceiving since it looks better from the outside than it really is. The towels were like sandpaper. The best part was the price of only $60 per night. We paid for what we got.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected for cleanliness and smelling fresh prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

When booking any hotel, I always rely on the reviews of past customers. I must admit looking at the nice pictures and reading some of the awful reviews, I almost past this one up. I didn't and so glad. The lobby was very neat and clean, the lady at the front desk was sooooo nice. When I got to my room, boy was I satisfied. The room smell good, was clean and neat just like the rest of the complex that I had seen. I just could'nt believe that I got all this for such a cheap price. I definitely hit a jack pot. Will be back!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Long story short... the room was very dirty. We had to buy our own cleaning supplies and clean the room ourselves. Okay area since right off the highway. Nothing was included, and if you want double beds you have to pay extra! If they clean, I would recommend, until then no

• Stayed June 2011
Henagar, Al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

first of all, we got to the hotel around 3am, just needed a place to lay down between home and Tennessee (Niece's graduation). There are no employees that have any authority to do anything after dark. But the man that was there was trying to be as helpful as he could, he rented us a room for the rate I found it online $55, of course we only were staying til around 9 am (6 hours top). Got to the room, the bed had been sat on, covered were kinda wrinkled up,floors weren't swept, bread tie still on the counter, bathroom garbage was full, no toilet paper, I let that go, got ready to lay down, air conditioner didn't work, the same "laundry man", as he called himself, came to our room to try to fix it, he left our room at 4am, it worked for about 20 minutes (reason being- the controls are locked up after dark) ok, we burnt up (again overlooked it) and finally got relaxed around 5am, at 6:53am room phone rings, I didn't answer, we were exhausted, 6:55am my cell phone rings, it was the lady at the desk having a fit for me to come pick up my personal check (because again, they aren't allowed to access the safe after dark, so he didn't have change) and bring her cash within 5 minutes, and that she thought we were going to be out of the room already!? REALLY!?!? we had been there ONLY 3 hours, so we got ready and got out of her room, she was rude and obnoxious, we paid her cash, she still tried to keep my check, my husband quickly told her to hand it over, WE WILL NEVER BE BACK THERE AGAIN!! the Marriott that is less than a mile down the road, close to the Space and Rocket Center is ALOT nicer and you don't get put out of your room before check-out time!!

Room Tip: go somewhere besides here!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Shirley, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

My son is a United States Marine staying at Redstone Arsenal for training and we decided to go down for a vist over the weekend, was driving down the freeway and spotted an Extended Stay up on the hill, we passed it up and then decided to turn around and at least check for vacancies, I'm so glad we did the lady at the front desk was so helpful, we ask if we could look at the room before booking and much to our surprise the room was spotless, very cozy and just what we needed for the weekend. The most affordable stay for the size and convience will be staying again every weekend for the next six weeks

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center

Address: 4751 Governor's House Dr., Huntsville, AL 35805
Location: United States > Alabama > Huntsville
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Huntsville
Huntsville Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.