Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Henagar, Al
“NEVER AGAIN!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

first of all, we got to the hotel around 3am, just needed a place to lay down between home and Tennessee (Niece's graduation). There are no employees that have any authority to do anything after dark. But the man that was there was trying to be as helpful as he could, he rented us a room for the rate I found it online $55, of course we only were staying til around 9 am (6 hours top). Got to the room, the bed had been sat on, covered were kinda wrinkled up,floors weren't swept, bread tie still on the counter, bathroom garbage was full, no toilet paper, I let that go, got ready to lay down, air conditioner didn't work, the same "laundry man", as he called himself, came to our room to try to fix it, he left our room at 4am, it worked for about 20 minutes (reason being- the controls are locked up after dark) ok, we burnt up (again overlooked it) and finally got relaxed around 5am, at 6:53am room phone rings, I didn't answer, we were exhausted, 6:55am my cell phone rings, it was the lady at the desk having a fit for me to come pick up my personal check (because again, they aren't allowed to access the safe after dark, so he didn't have change) and bring her cash within 5 minutes, and that she thought we were going to be out of the room already!? REALLY!?!? we had been there ONLY 3 hours, so we got ready and got out of her room, she was rude and obnoxious, we paid her cash, she still tried to keep my check, my husband quickly told her to hand it over, WE WILL NEVER BE BACK THERE AGAIN!! the Marriott that is less than a mile down the road, close to the Space and Rocket Center is ALOT nicer and you don't get put out of your room before check-out time!!

Room Tip: go somewhere besides here!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Shirley, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

My son is a United States Marine staying at Redstone Arsenal for training and we decided to go down for a vist over the weekend, was driving down the freeway and spotted an Extended Stay up on the hill, we passed it up and then decided to turn around and at least check for vacancies, I'm so glad we did the lady at the front desk was so helpful, we ask if we could look at the room before booking and much to our surprise the room was spotless, very cozy and just what we needed for the weekend. The most affordable stay for the size and convience will be staying again every weekend for the next six weeks

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Wasilla, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed here for 3 weeks during a family emergency, and it suited our needs for a lower cost and partial kitchen. Since we weren't in the room much and had no children, it was fine. Would suggest the third floor as we experienced a lot of early wake ups from the people walking in the room above us. Nice clean laundry although expensive and very pretty grounds.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

I stayed at this hotel from January to March 2010.

1.) Location - it's right off of I-565, within 10 minutes of two malls and the two main strips. There is one restaurant within walking distance (Landry's Seafood), but otherwise, there is nothing worth doing within walking distance. I was also told by a few locals, that just 1/2 mile down the road is a not-so-nice neighborhood. I did not have any trouble while staying here though.

2.) Service - the staff was very friendly. They promptly attended to my needs when I asked. However, the cleaning service left a bit to be desired. I had to ask for toilet paper almost every week because they would not leave any, even if my roll was almost gone. They did not clean the kitchen at all one week, including removing the trash. They also did not change the bed sheets regularly. They often left excess water (or whatever) on the bathroom counter and in the bathtub.

3.) Room - It was tiny, so if you're looking for something glamorous - look elsewhere. That being said, I didn't need much so I didn't mind the size. The bed and pillows were OK. I can sleep on cardboard, so it didn't affect me. However, my family did visit for a weekend or two while I was staying here and they reported much discomfort for the bed and pillows.

4.) Cost - well at less than $50 per night, it's much cheaper than normal rates. I rate it well at cost, but as you can see that is not the only factor that I am rating on.

5.) Exterior grounds - The place looks really nice on the outside. However, it is a pet-friendly establishment and although they request that pet owners clean up after their pets, many owners do not; therefore, there is quite a bit a pet excrement in the common grassy areas around the hotel. The maintenance staff does not clean this up either.

6.) ETC - all rooms are facing outward and there is no gathering place for guests. You can sit in the main lobby, but there are maybe four chairs, so it's not really a relaxing environment. Internet access was very nice. There was no gym facility, nor a contract with a local gym, which was very displeasing.

Bottom Line - if cost were the only thing that mattered (which it did in this case), I would stay here again. However, there are so many other places to choose from that I would be inclined to try something else out next time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

My family and I come to Huntsville atleast once a month and we decided to stay somewhere new that had a kitchen in it. So we booked a Signature Suite. I figured the kitchen would be a little more upgraded than what it was. The room was nice and the beds were nice but the kitchen was disgusting it has a basic wipe over but there was plenty of left overs on the cooking hood and under the cabinent from the last couple of people who stayed in this room. The refrigerator has mold all over the seal. Other than that it was a great stay; nice and quiet and the rooms were pretty spacious not huge, it had two double beds and you get your own personal phone number and voicemail. It is less than five minuted from the Space Center, the mall and less than one minute from the Longhorn Reasturant. I would stay here again just not a Signature Suite it's not worth the extra 12 dollars. This is a great place to stay if you need a good buisness orientated hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2008

This hotel is in a great location right off I-565. For the price, the room was acceptable with very basic furnishings. Having a microwave and full-size refrigerator was nice.

However, the public areas were disgusting. There was trash and cigarette butts everywhere: outside the rooms, on the stairs and in the parking lot. It looked like no one had cleaned up outside in many months.

• Liked — Location, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Filthy common areas!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashua, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2007

Stayed here for a convention in the Von Braun Center downtown (was an exhibitor). For the dollars ($65 per night), it was a good value but it was no way perfect.

Pluses: Incredibly easy 7 minute commute into downtown (5 lanes on Interstate 565 and probably only 2 are needed even at rush hour). Staff was friendly. Water pressure was best I have ever had!

Cons: Tired rooms, not really comfortable beds and pillows, entry from the exterior (vs interior hallway), very thin walls (room next door literally left their TV on all night which could be heard when AC kicked off), outside noise could be heard clearly in rooms, no central gathering area so you can get out of your room/ box (ie no lobby, pool, etc).

Tips: Use exit 15 to get to hotel, there is a Walmart off of exit 8 to stock up. Brew House downtown had great sandwiches, draft beer aand outside seating. Museum downtown had an incredible exhibit of silver animals by an Italian silversmith - take 30 minutes to see it (they close at 5:00 weekdays)!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Noisy tooms
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center

Address: 4751 Governor's House Dr., Huntsville, AL 35805
Location: United States > Alabama > Huntsville
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Huntsville
Huntsville Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.