“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had to stay there for 4 weeks and then once again for 2 weeks. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is better than the average continental breakfast and the dinners and happy hour were a nice touch. The rooms are clean and allow you to live comfortably for a long stay. During my first stay the person above made a lot of noise early in the morning so the hotel upgraded my room for free. I will definitely stay there again when I have to return. It is also near many restaraunts, stores and shopping centers.

Room Tip: Go with something facing the parking lot not the burger king.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntsville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We appreciate all your postive feeback about your stay. We strive very hard to provide our guest with a hardy breakfast to help our guest start their day off right. Our evening social events give our guest time to socialize and unwind after a long day at the office. Thank you for making Residence Inn Huntsville your home away from home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay in one of the rooms with a full kitchen and full oven. It was very nice. I was there 6 weeks. 2 weeks into my stay is when I realized that not all rooms were like mine. Apparently, most of the rooms have only the half stove top with no oven. However, based on my experience, I had a great time and for being away from home for 6 weeks, it felt like i never missed a beat. 40" flat screen tv's in all the rooms. I was able to plug in my camera or my PS3 into the tv and enjoy my media and games just like at home. There is a dvd player in the rooms as well with free rentals at the front desk. The WiFi was not very strong when I was there, however management assured me that they were working on it at the time with the ISP and it would be larger and faster soon. It was not completed by the time I left which was October 2012. I have a friend who is there now (March 2013) and he says that it is much better. During my time though, the front desk was nice enough to give me a broadband signal booster to place in my room to increase WiFi signal. It helped. The bed was one of the most comfy beds I have ever slept in. The free services provided are no match for any other hotel in town, for instance: grocery delivery, dry cleaning delivery, free FULL breakfast every morning, free dinner Mon-Thurs, free beer during dinnertime, yes FREE BEER during dinner time. I enjoyed every aspect of my stay. I coordinated a BBQ there and the front desk provided all of the BBQ grilling utensils and materials I needed. I only purchased the food. It was very pleasant as they have a great grilling platform. Very nice swimming pool and basketball court. My only complaint was that I did not like having to go all the way to the second floor of the hotel to do laundry. But this is a small problem I had only once a week. If you stay here, note that ALL of the hotel staff are fantastic, but Olympia and the lady working the desk in the mornings stood out to me the most. They were ALWAYS outgoing and friendly and helpful. I am so sorry I cannot pronounce or spell her name, but she works the morning shift and her name begins with "S". LOL. She was just as awesome. Will definately stay here again. Conveniently located on University drive, walking distance to a SuperTarget, shopping center, food and lots more. Staff, management, amenities, and my stay were all A+++. If you are reading this review, please mark this as a helpful review.....as this hotel was helpful to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntsville, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We work very hard on keep all our guest services at peak performance. We appreciate you utilizing our amenties. Our internet has been upgraded to exceed Marriott standards so during your future stays this should be more than what you need. We have improved on a breakfast and evening social options to give our guest even more variety. Thank you again for staying with us!
Chattanooga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I almost missed the turn into this hotel - when you see the Burger King, turn on the road that runs becside it. We arrived early and were able to check in early - always a plus when you are traveling to a sports tournament and know you won't be back until 10 or 11 p.m. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and it was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. I always like a quiet hotel and even though we were on the first floor - I never heard anyone above us or beside us. We checked out around 6:30 a.m. to return to the tournament, so we didn't get to experience breakfast.

Room Tip: This hotel sits about a block off a busy road and I didn't hear street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntsville, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
At Residence Inn Huntsville we strive hard to provide our guest with clean quite accomidations so they can get their work done and relax in peace. We appreciate your response and look foward to serving you again in the future. Please make time on your next visit to partake in our full hot buffet breakfast.
Acworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Good beds, hot breakfast, evening libations. What you should expect to get in a home away from home. I've reached the stage of wanting more than a "room" and it is nice to have the kitchen option available. Would recommend.

Room Tip: rooms facing the parking lot get the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntsville, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments about your recent stay at the Residence Inn - Huntsville. We strive to exceed our guests' expecations and you know that the Residence Inn isn't just a room...it's a RESIDENCE! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will call on us the next time you need a home-away-from-home in Huntsville!
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our family of 3 adults, one 22 month old toddler and two dogs spent a very comfortable 2 weeks at this Residence Inn. The staff was wonderful, with extra kudos to the manager for helping us split our bill so my daughter and I could share the expense. Lots of positives about our stay, such as a comfortable room, clean and tidy public spaces, great free wi-fi, and easy access to nearby shops and restaurants.

On a negative note, breakfast was routinely disappointing with many items often served cold or tepid at best. The main entry is through two manual doors, which makes entry with luggage, kids, dogs, and the like difficult.

Room Tip: Choose a third floor room if possible to avoid "thumps" in the night from active guests ab...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your compliments about the Residence Inn - Huntsville. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding the quality of our daily hot breakfast and have taken the opportunity to advise our staff. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and I am sure that your comments will help us do just that! Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Huntsville and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stay at a lot of Residence Inns and was looking forward to staying at this property. I note that many of the other reviewers are complimenting the property on items that are standard at all Residence Inn's (e.g. the curved shower bar, having a full kitchen). The first room that I checked into was infested with fleas but the hotel kindly moved me to a different upgraded suite and apologized profusely. And I get it - there are a lot of dogs staying in the hotel (with their owners of course) and it's not like the hotel can have each dog washed before it walks through the doors. The second room I moved into had a musty/dog smell and could have used a good carpet shampooing. Most of the common areas were pristine clean, with the strange exception of the elevator which was covered with the (same) fingerprints just about the entire time we were there. Maybe each cleaning person gets a floor and the elevator is "no man's land"?

However there are many positives that offset the above...the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the common areas are very well maintained. The fitness center was in good condition and always empty when I used it. The breakfast provided is a cut above most Residence Inns, with a good selection of hot items and excellent replenishment. The location is great - you can walk to shopping, a Burger King next door, and drive quickly to whatever you need (Super Target next door has a good grocery section).

So a bit of a mixed bag...take out the dogs and the place is probably one of the better Residence Inns. But the dogs are there so be warned. I'm doubting that they shampoo the carpets and the sofas (you know the dogs hop up on the sofas) after each checkout. One room had three dogs and an owner staying in it, according to a front desk clerk. I've never seen a Residence Inn with so many dogs.

I'm returning to the area and will try one of the newer Marriott properties...they have opened a couple recently (e.g. Springhill Suites Huntsville West, brand new!) and it will be interesting to compare to the Residence Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments regarding our property. We are working hard to keep our property clean and fresh at all times. Our friendly staff is one of our best assets at our property. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again on your next visit to Huntsville, AL.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel was in a good location for us as we were only there for a few days. The room was very spacious and spotless. The layout was good allowing me to set up my "office" with the computer. The free wifi was excellent and speedy. The hotel had a large laundry facility which was most convenient.
The staff were very friendly and breakfast was "as you like it" you could go for the gritts and gravy, pancakes and waffles or just healthier fruit and cereals, it was all there. Coffee was good. Although we chose to eat in the dining area I did see some guests taking their breakfast back to the comfort of their rooms.
I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Our Full Hot Buffet Breakfast is one our of great assets. We provide this breakfast each day to our guest and have a great responses since our breakfast was upgraded. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed your spacious suite and the complimentary internet. Please come back and visit next time you are in the Huntsville area. We hope to make your next stay better than your last.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Huntsville? Share your experiences!