“Don't leave you valuable in your room at this hotel.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Illinois
“Don't leave you valuable in your room at this hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

When my family had a reunion over Labor Day weekend, 2007 we stayed at the Residence Inn in Huntsville, Alabama. We became concerned when a housekeeper entered our room late one morning eventhough we had our "Do Not Disturb" card on the door handle. On Monday, I inadvertently left my purse in the room and to my dismay, my credit card had been stolen by one of the Marriott's staff. I have spoken to the Manager of the Hotel, emailed Marriott customer service, and filed a police report, but can not even get a returned phone call. Over the past 8 years,with my previous job, I traveled 3 days a week approximately 40 weeks a year and stayed at Marriott properties whenever I could. Due to this incident, I will never stay at another Marriott property. I strongly suggest that if you stay at this hotel, DO NOTleave ANYTHING of value in your room ...even if you are just going for breakfast, or swimming at the pool. Someone is checking your room to see if you are there.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

My trip to Huntsville was planned at the last minute due to an offer letter that was sent out a week before Thanksgiving. I had to contact the property directly to find out about corporate offers and it was cheaper to register the studio directly than to use an online booking website. Also, there was no weight restriction on my dog that was joining me on the trip. I think that the dog's deposit fee was about $75 for the entire stay in the studio. I think that it was about $20 or $25 less than the regular rate with a corporate discount.
The hotel was nice and we had a second floor room near the elevator and could use a side door so that the dog could be taken out for a walk or loaded into the SUV without interfering with the check-in of other guests. In Nov, it was a lot colder in Huntsville than in Central Florida and I had to purchase warmer clothing at a Super Target which is only a few hundred feet away. The shopping center next to the Residence Inn has everything from multiple sandwich/coffee stores, retail stores for everything you might need on your trip, a hair salon and a UPS shipping store. There are many banks and better restaurants are available either in the main street of the Village of Providence (Rt 72W) or on (Rt 72E). The Madison Mall is on (RT 72 E) for other shopping needs. The sunday brunch at the Residence Inn was very nice. The staff was great and the studio with a stove, microwave, fullsize refridgerator and other bedding/furniture that would be in a furnished studio with a small couch was more than we could have expected for the nightly room rate.
I would suggest the Residence Inn to anyone that would have to visit here for a BRAC relocation or would like to stay in a better part of the Huntsville/Madison area. Other co-workers have stayed here while their houses were being built or in the process of closing on a house during their transfer.

• Liked — Large Studio Rooms, Pet Friendly and near the better retail and dining areas
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

We stayed here in July while visiting my family. Overall, we had a very good experience. The suite was clean and spacious. We enjoyed having OLN channel so we could watch the Tour de France. The breakfast was not fancy but it was good and it came with the price of the room. When we got to our room it was obvious somebody had been smoking in there even though it was a non-smoking room. The front desk initially just wanted to spray (not sure how that helps!) and said they had nothing else available. I persisted as I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and she was able to accommodate us with a switch of rooms. The staff could not have been nicer. I chatted with one of the breakfast staff and she was incredibly friendly. The house cleaning staff was also very friendly and always had a hello and a smile for us as we passed in the halls. The bed is very comfortable. My son slept on the pull out sofa and he said it was comfortable. This is a good place to stay and reasonably priced!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2005

Not too many nice hotels in the Huntsville area, but this one is definitely a notch above the others.

Standard Residence Inn, the one bedroom suites are quite roomy and the kitchens are nice, though they do lack an oven. (They just have burners and a convection microwave.)

Rooms are clean and well maintained, and the staff are friendly.

Pool area is nice, and they have a basketball hoop and grilling area.

The big plus for me is that it's next to a big shopping center with a grocery store (Super Target) and a great coffee shop (Aromas). (I'm a New Yorker and tend to walk places and, as such, rarely rent a car as I can walk to my office when I'm down there.)

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2005

An excellent hotel! I have been searching for a new, good hotel in Huntsville and I have found it. The staff was cheerful and helpful, the room was clean and big, the breakfast was good, and the evening happy hour was not bad at all. I will definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2004

The Residence Inn, although a little difficult to initially find from the main road, is conveniently located in an area of numerous stores and restaurants. The staff are very friendly, courteous, and accomodating. The property has a nice pool, hot tub, basketball court, and tennis court. The 2BR suites are a little like home with a full (but small) kitchen, two nice large bedrooms and bathrooms, three tv's, and a den attached to the kitchen. The suite was clean and in excellent working order except for the stove eyes being too bent to lay flat (made cooking a little cumbersome). I never reported this problem but feel sure they would have fixed it promptly. The free morning breakfast bar was good with hot and cold foods (eggs, sausage, oatmeal, yogurts, fruit, toast, jellies, juices, cereals, and coffee). We would definitely try Residence Inn again.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Huntsville? Share your experiences!