“Good food, not for families with small children.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 492 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Huntsville, Commerce Kitchen serves Southern Gourmet cuisine in a bluesy bistro setting.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, not for families with small children.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

As soon as my husband, me and our 3 young children walked in I felt unwelcome. They have a kids menu ($10 per kids meal), but they seem to not really wants the kids there. We stayed and ate, and the food was good, but I have never felt as uncomfortable and unwelcome before in my life.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Huntsville, Alabama
“Sometimes even the best have an Off Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Commerce Kitchen is one of our favorite restaurants in Huntsville and this was the main reason my wife and I decided to celebrate or Anniversary dining there last night. As usual we received great service but the food was a bit below standards. My wife ordered the Blackened Gulf Mahi Mahi with country grits and squash. Her exact words were that the fish was like chewing taffey and the squash was tasteless. Very unusual for this restaurant. I ordered the 14oz Ribeye (medium rare) but it arrived Medium Well. I also ordered the grilled onions on the top of my steak, but the onions arrived thinly cut and raw. This one negative experience won’t change our opinion of Commerce Kitchen, but it does go to show that even the best can have an off night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison AL
“Fabulous restaurant...Top notch food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stopped at this restaurant with my mom because we had heard great things about it. Walked in around 11:15 a.m. and were seated immediately. Our server came right to our table to get our drink order. My mom and I looked over the menu and decided on the Tilapia with Squash and grits (i think) and the Shrimp and Parmesan Cheese Grits. The entrees were out within 10-12 minutes and they were FABULOUS! The Tilapia was probably the best I've ever tasted and the Shrimp was fresh, tender and delicious. They were only $13 each and for the quality, WELL worth the price. On a side note, I did notice the family sitting next to us with small children were given "kids menus" so if you have your children with you, they can accomodate you! This restaurant is well worth the trip to downtown Huntsville.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great Diner at CK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Service was excellent. We were a party of four. When our friends called for a reservations they were already full, but they took their number in case of a cancellation. The did call and got us in when we wanted. Seated immediately upon arrival. The menu covers a lot of tastes, but is not large in scope. All food was excellently prepared and presented. Each couple split an excellent spinach salad. We ordered three entrees off the menu plus the night's special. We added an excellent bottle of wine to that. The total was $158.76 including tax, but excluding the 20% tip. This is the third time we have eaten there, and each meal was great. We will return again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, AL
“You Wouldn't Guess.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Exceptional food... a bit pricey, but worth it. For that special dinner or occasion. Downtown is a great place to be for dinner or lunch.

Visited February 2013