“Terrific place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 498 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Huntsville, Commerce Kitchen serves Southern Gourmet cuisine in a bluesy bistro setting.
“Terrific place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Love the decor and feel of the place...very classy. I've had lunch and dinner here several times. Everything is always awesome. Highly recommend. And, the ritz and pimento...it's really ritz crackers and it tastes great! My friend and I debated this before we ordered and laughed ourselves silly when it came out with actual Ritz Crackers. She thought it was a type of cheese....nope, good ole Ritz. ;) The rissoto is really good. I tried the fried green tomatoes on my first visit and just found them to be okay. Wouldn't recommend them for a country girl who knows how to make them. Everything else I've tried, I loved.

Midwest family
“Lunch at Commerce Kitchen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere and the building itself, but the food was just okay. They were out of the fish selections so I settled for the fried chicken breast and sweet potato fries. Husband had Caesar salad with salmon which he enjoyed. Biggest disappointment was the sliver of pecan pie for dessert. Two bites and it was gone which was okay because it was dry and tasteless. No where near an excellent rating in my travels.

Huntsville, Alabama
“My favorite restaurant in huntsville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love commerce kitchen. The atmosphere is historic updated. A cozy 40-50 seat restaurant. The appetizers are always a little unusual but wonderful. The main dishes are great and the desserts are quirky but fantastic. They have a great wine list as well. I can't wait to go back!

Cleveland, Tennessee
“Cute Restaurant in the Heart of downtown Huntsville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great restaurant, great service and interesting food selections. It has a limited menu for lunch, but broad enough for everyone to find something you like. Very cute and well decorated inside. We also had dessert and it was very good too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Real Taste of Southern Hospitality and Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Huntsville on January 2, 2013. This place was not recommended by anyone we just happened to be going down town and saw it and walked in. It was such a good thing that we did! This place has great food and a great staff and a simple decore that is warm and inviting. The place was not busy at all. We started off with the fried green tomatoes (one order is 4 slices) which were wonderful! It is served with a housemade hot sauce and a side of ranch. They were crispy and delicious! Then for the main course my boyfriend had shrimp and grits (a southern delicacy) the grits were smooth and creamy with the shrimp cooked to perfection. I had one of their specials a brie cheese and lobster macaroni. It was rich and the lobster just melted in my mouth. Finally we ended the meal with a wonderful vanilla creme brulee which was great. Not as good as the rest of the meal but still wonderful. They didn't skimp on the shrimp or lobster either! Our server was very attentive and made sure everything was perfect. This is a definite must stop while in Huntsville, even if you are just passing through!

• Visited January 2013