“Real Taste of Southern Hospitality and Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Real Taste of Southern Hospitality and Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Huntsville on January 2, 2013. This place was not recommended by anyone we just happened to be going down town and saw it and walked in. It was such a good thing that we did! This place has great food and a great staff and a simple decore that is warm and inviting. The place was not busy at all. We started off with the fried green tomatoes (one order is 4 slices) which were wonderful! It is served with a housemade hot sauce and a side of ranch. They were crispy and delicious! Then for the main course my boyfriend had shrimp and grits (a southern delicacy) the grits were smooth and creamy with the shrimp cooked to perfection. I had one of their specials a brie cheese and lobster macaroni. It was rich and the lobster just melted in my mouth. Finally we ended the meal with a wonderful vanilla creme brulee which was great. Not as good as the rest of the meal but still wonderful. They didn't skimp on the shrimp or lobster either! Our server was very attentive and made sure everything was perfect. This is a definite must stop while in Huntsville, even if you are just passing through!

• Visited January 2013

82% Recommend
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our party of 8 was very pleased with Commerce Kitchen. We called around a few weeks in advance to make reservations for dinner on New Years Eve and other locations were rude and some didn't call us back. Commerce Kitchen took our reservations right away and was very courteous! Later when we needed a larger table, they were very helpful and accommodating. The restaurant is very small, but intimate, and the food was incredible. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The price for a plate ranged from $20-$35. We had drinks so it made our tab a little higher. The staff was so nice. I am really glad we tried Commerce Kitchen!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sylacauga, Alabama
“good and small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've visited the big sister, Cotton Row, but I like Commerce better. It's small, and the service is great. Great bar to have a cocktail before dinner. The food is done with a southern flair, but they have some good upscale options also. Wine list is adequate, and they have a good selection of custom martinis. Probably my favorite place for dinner in the area.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have eaten here several times. The chef apprenticed at Le Cirque and knows his stuff! Very hard to find chefs of his caliber in Huntsville so we were thrilled when he came to town. My favorite things to eat here are the grits and grillades for an app and the salad with goat cheese and a sherry vinaigrette. For the entree I love the burger with the fried egg or the hangar steak. Pork tenderloin was slightly dry but overall love the food, great atmosphere and competent staff.

“Great place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere was perfect. I ate the chopped chicken salad. It was prepared very well and tasted oh so good. The second time I went there I had the Tilapia with grits which was also seasoned very well. The service was awesome will go anytime I'm in the area.