“My Stay At Super 8” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Huntsville

You added Super 8 Huntsville to your Saves list
Super 8 Huntsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3803 University Dr., I-565 E exit L on Jordan, Huntsville, AL 35816 3143   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #49 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Ogden Dunes
“My Stay At Super 8”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The room was simple, no frills, but nice and comfortable. The only negative was a rather sour smell in the room, I think some carpet freshner would prevent this. Other than that,
it was a pleasant experience and I enjoyed my stay. Love the shower!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The staff was friendly. I travel more than half the year and can appreciate a good night's rest at an affordable rate. The Wifi access is convenient, and the breakfast saved me time in the morning, but the location is very convenient nonetheless. I'll definitely stay here again, had no issues and a clean, comfortable room. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Coldwater, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I didn't see all the comments about this hotel until after I left...and I am pleased to say I didn't have the same experience. The hotel was perfectly located for me needs, the price was right, and the staff made me feel very much at home. I found the room to be clean, well kept, and over all in good shape. For a Super 8 I didn't expect much, but I was very impressed. Breakfast was exactly what I needed, and I loved the coffee in the lobby!! Didn't have any issues with Wi-Fi which was great I had a lot of work to get done during my stay. Happy to see a fridge and microwave in my room (not always in the mood to eat out). It was close to the University where I attended meetings all week, and also close to the US Space and Rocket Center (I'll plan time to visit there next trip). Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stafford, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Staff were friendly but that's the only good thing about the place. Rooms old and tatty. Face cloth in bathroom had something on it that cannot be described in polite company. It looked like a dirty diaper. I wish I had looked here before booking the room. Not pleased at all not what I expected from a super 8 hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stoutsville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The toilet seat was cracked. We should have gone to another hotel. Never found the breakfast area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I wasn't particularly pleased with this hotel, but the conditions weren't surprising for this class of hotel. It was okay for the quick 2-night stay that my husband and I had, but I would do anything extensive here.

The good: the employees were very hospitable, polite and friendly. We had their full attention when speaking with them and they were apologetic when errors were made. Upon checking in, the clerk accidentally charged me for twice the amount the what supposed to be paid. My extreme annoyance was quelled by her polite apologeticness and she adjusted the bill.

The bad: these rooms are very raggedy and have outdated decor. The beds are a tad hard, although the sheets APPEARED to be clean. The bathrooms are terrible. Water pressure in the sink was low, the tubs are yellowish (supposed to be white) and the toilet runs constantly and is unsteady on its base. Shower pressure was average.

All in all, this place is okay for a very short stay. It's important to realize that you can't expect Holiday Inn service at a place like this. It served its purpose but was by no means luxurious.

• Stayed January 2012
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

Bed bugs!!!!!!! Poor service!!!!!! Not clean!!!!! Never again.

• Stayed March 2010

Been to Super 8 Huntsville? Share your experiences!