“Excellent all around!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
alabama
“Excellent all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Excellent food and service. Staff is very knowledgable about their product. One of the best restaurants in the area. Reservations helpful.

“Rates far above other local chains and speciality restaurants.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We have been eating at Bonefish Grills since 2000, the original in St. Petersburg Fl before it became part of the Outback group of restaurants. Although the original menu has not changed much since our first visit, we continue to visit because the food is consistently dependable. Appetizers are varied and every dessert is delicious. The restaurant does a lot of things well, from fish to chicken and chops. Their sauces are right on and satisfy your taste buds. I particularly like the sauce and toppings on the Wagyu (Kobe) dumplings. As another reviewer shared the fish is excellent and always fresh with a choice of assorted sauces and the Pan Asian sauce is at the top in my opinion. My husband enjoys the Fontina Pork Chop with enough for leftovers. You must try the Bang Bang Shrimp as it is one of their best sellers every day of the week. The house salad with their citrus vinegrette is light and refreshing. They will bring extra sauces, dressings etc. if you make a request.
We believe it rates above most of the other restaurants on the top 25 list for service, consistency and quality. Pricing is very fair and Happy Hour is until 6:30 on house wines and some beers and well cocktails. The $5 house wines are good.
A winner in all categories! Rereading what I have written it sounds as if we have a stake in this chain, but we don't we just enjoy the heck out of it. It does get crowded, because it is a neighborhood favorite. Make a reservation if you can.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is our favorite place to eat fish. We have tried all the fish selections and they are all very delicious. Husband's favorite is the sea bass. The longfin is great. The ahi tuna with cream sauce and jalepenos are my favorite. The children love the fried fish and fries. We love the desserts also.

Visited November 2011
Estill Springs, Tennessee
“Worst experience at a Bonefish Grill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I had a horrible experience at the BFG in Huntsville today. We arrived at approximately 1:30 to a half-full restaurant. Our waiter was very nice, but appeared to be new as he stumbled through the specials. The slow service wasn't the worst part of the visit. Even though it took more than one hour to receive our main entree and the restaurant was far from full, the worst part was the food. I ordered the Grilled Fish "Burger." It was covered in a seasoning that made it look blackened-very spicy. The bun was burned. I couldn't eat it. I expressed my displeasure with the waiter, and he removed the item from my bill and offered a free dessert, which he never brought so we left. To beat it all, when he removed the entree from my ticket, my total was $5 and some change. When I received the credit card slip back, he had keyed the total in as $8 and some change. After an hour and a half of waiting, I couldn't wait long enough for him to correct it. Everything was so horrible he can keep the $3 tip. I guess the most disappointing part of our experience was that no one appeared to really care. Even though I have visited many other BFG's around the south, I am done with the one in Huntsville, AL.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Seafood dining with a winning formula”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Good seafood dining restaurant with a surprisingly well-appointed dining room, low lighting and a decent wine list. Better ambiance and decor than one might expect, though a little loud and busy. Often, there is a line waiting to be seated. They offer a host of fresh grilled or blackened fish selections topped with your selected sauced topping. Be sure and try the Cobb salad (with avocado) if you don't like fish. They also have a steak on the menu for cowboys that wonder in. Oddly enough, the Kobe beef hamburger is the best in town when it's available. The formularized menu rarely changes but it's okay. It's all good. Nice after-work bar too with televisions... where a tall-glass beer matched with the Ahi tuna appetizer tastes especially good. The calamari isn't bad either. Just off Whitesburg Drive, well across the parking lot from Fresh Market, it is easy to locate. While you may not realize it at first, it is a chain restaurant. Rest assured though, it is one of the better chain concepts around.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere