“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We hosted my son's wedding rehearsal dinner at 1892 East Restaurant for 20 people. The food was superior as was the service.

Visited January 2013

90% Recommend
Huntsville
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I am partial to local, neighborhood restaurants and 1892 is a great example of why! We went for Sunday Brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I had the Eggs Benedict and my companion had the Vegetable Omelet. Both were well prepared and delicious. The only downside for me is they only serve French Press coffee, which I find, gets too bitter by the second cup. (I got my coffee fix at Old Town Coffee later).

Huntsville, Alabama
“Awesome local fare!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Food that is either produced or cropped locally, cooked to perfection paired with great local beer list and a very decent wine list is what you will find when u visit 1892 east.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Local beers, great local food.
Very reasonable neighborhood eatery.
My wife has the chicken every time we eat there because it is the best she has ever tried

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Satisfying meal and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We traveled to Huntsville recently to visit friends. They suggested we meet at 1892 East. When my husband and I first walked in, we were a little nervous since we brought our three month-old with us. Although the restaurant was not crowded on a Tuesday night, we were afraid we might disturb the relative quiet enjoyed by those already there. However, our friends brought their 14 month-old, and the staff promptly brought out high chairs. I don't know that I would recommend this place for small children necessarily, but they are accommodated if you do bring them.

As for the food, I was happy with everything we tried. I didn't think the crispy shrimp and grits starter was as good as our friends had said, but it was still not bad. For dinner, I had the traditional cassoulet, and my husband had the sirloin. The cassoulet was a huge portion, and it's definitely not something you will find just anywhere. It was tasty, but I wouldn't say it's a 'must-try' dish. My husband said as far as sirloins go, that was probably the best one he's ever had, since often by nature they are not as tender as some other cuts. Overall, we were happy with the food.

Our server was very patient with us, and I appreciated his understanding of dealing with two small children. Our food arrived hot and in a timely manner. Service was great.

I would return to 1892 East when I'm back in Huntsville. I would like to try other items on the winter menu, and I would also like to visit in the spring and summer to see what dishes are featured at that time. And as others have noted, it has a number of vegetarian options, which is a nice surprise.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to 1892 East? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage 1892 East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.