“VERY DELICIOUS, UNIQUE FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #259 of 487 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Greek
Asheville, NC
“VERY DELICIOUS, UNIQUE FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ordered the Hummus, Spanikopita, Moussaka, and Baklava. It was fresh and very delicious. The only slight drawback was the bread in the Hummus plate, which did not taste quite right.

Visited December 2012

Madison, Alabama
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

The lunch special short ribs, turnip greens & mashed with a side of corn bread. Melt in your mouth meat seasoned to perfection. I can hardly wait for tomorrow's special! Wanted to order the weeks worth of specials today so wouldn't miss them :) Always great fast service. Don't miss your next great meal stop in.

alabama
“Not even close to authentic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I ate here recently because we had a Groupon coupon. This was the second time we had eaten here over the years, and the last. During the whole meal I kept thinking of all the other places we could have gone for dinner. I am hard pressed to mention anything that we ate that was good. It was overcooked, tasteless, underwhelming. The worst meal we had in Greece was still better than this one. This is not what Greek food should taste like.

Visited May 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not like any Greek Food I ever had”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I lived in Europe for 17 years while serving in the Army and I can tell you that Papou's food is nothing like any Greek food that we ever had. The only thing close was an appetizer, (Saganaki). Our main courses looked and tasted nothing like the Greek food we were used too. Very disappointing as I guess the restaurant is trying to tailor their food to local taste. Another surprise was that Papou’s does not serve Gyros on its dinner menu. All said and done, a very disappointing experience.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Best Greek Restaurant Around!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The only thing I ever get there is the chicken and pasta. It's the special on thursday, but get there early at lunch!

Visited May 2012