“Shoppers Dream Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Somerset
“Shoppers Dream Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time that we stayed in one of the 'suite' hotels. Candlewood was a good choice - -lots of freebies (DVDs & books on loan to guests; free computer access (we usually have to pay a fee to use the computers in a hotel's business center)); and an inhouse store/snack bar (get this) - - made available on the 'honor system' !! Room was well supplied; clean and spacious - - my husband loved being able to spread out his 'work" on the ample desk. We were w/i 10 minutes of 3 malls/shopping/restaurant areas! Something for everyone!!

Room Tip: Make your preferences known to the staff - - they are super customer-oriented!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I like the Holiday Inn brand, and Candlewood Suites is in that group. Before I reserved it I called and asked about the linens - if they were the triple sheeted washed every time kind - can't stand the mystery colored bedspread type hotels - anyway, I was told to ask for a white linen or white room when I called the 800 reservation number, so I did that. The room was really clean and spacious and had a kitchen -all for a great price. One downside - the hall and elevator carpets are pretty bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a white linen or white room - those are the rooms with the triple sheeted white sheets encas...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights & it wasn't bad, rooms were nice & spacious however the front desk clerk was always away & gone for 10-15 minutes at a time. When they were there though they were very friendly.
My water went out on the first day while I was brushing my teeth so I wasn't able to shower, it took them all day to fix it, the next two days no problem. I was disappointed they didn't try to make up for the water going out. Considering how nice the room was I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Idontwantaaccount,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is very good to know that you found the rooms nice. on the other hand, we are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience over the unsatisfactory service you received from the staff and the over the water issue. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ohio City, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hotel located off the beaten path 100 yards from a railroad tracks with trains running several times during the day and night. During my two night stay I received no housekeeping service. The bathroom was not cleaned, I had to take dirty towels to front desk to get clean ones, The carpet in the elevator and hallway is so stained and soiled it looked unsanitary.Guest must empty their trash daily in big trash cans located in the hallway. Also guest are charged a daily security deposit and before you leave, the room is checked to see if pillows, towels dishware etc have not been removed by the guest The staff says that these are coporate policies and the hotel is designed for long term guest stays. Due to no daily housekeeping service and location right near the train track I would never stay here again.Although the room was decent I don't see how they can maintain basic sanitation standards,

Room Tip: Hallway on third floor is very hot, but the room did have sufficient AC
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Travler D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clinton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were planning on camping at Monte Sano State park for the 4th weekend and visiting the Space and Rocket center. The weather had other plans. So, at the last minute I had to reserve a room. I was a little worried. But, my worrying was a waste of time. The place was wonderful and I highly recommend them. The staff was very welcoming on our arrival and friendly throughout the stay. The room was large with a comfy sofa bed for the kids and a private room for hubby and I when Nicktoons were just to much. The bathroom was large, very clean and the water was good and HOT!! The room décor appeared to be recently renovated. The kitchen had full fridge, stove and microwave. The suites are perfect if you are traveling with children as they can have their area and you can have yours. Love it here and was very surprised about how nice and clean it was. The staff was really great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had never heard of Candlewood Suites before staying here, but now I recommend them highly. We needed a place to stay with our 2 large dogs for three weeks. The rooms are clean and well furnished. The kitchen is stocked with most of the basic equipment, and you can ask at the front desk to borrow toaster ovens, blenders, etc. They have a small grocery "cupboard" that operates on the honor system, and complimentary washers and dryers. Housekeeping comes in once a week, and are glad to notify you ahead of time if you wish to take your pets out during the cleaning. Internet speed is reasonably fast. They are very welcoming to pets; they even gave our dogs small treat goody bags at check-in. In the future, I will always choose to stay at Candlewood Suites when available.

Room Tip: Has 3 floors, so request a lower floor if you have pets to take in and out. Can sometimes hear heavy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here whilst visiting friends in nearby Madison, this is set in a nice quiet area, with excellent suites all fully equipped, the staff were friendly and helpful and were always willing to suggest attractions to visit. I visit the Space Station just under a mile away and found it very informative.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Huntsville? Share your experiences!