“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
West Yorkshire
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here whilst visiting friends in nearby Madison, this is set in a nice quiet area, with excellent suites all fully equipped, the staff were friendly and helpful and were always willing to suggest attractions to visit. I visit the Space Station just under a mile away and found it very informative.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I spent 10 nights here. Let me say that I travel for business combined with pleasure, I stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights or more across the S.E. so I have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & I am picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). The room was clean with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and (very) basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast.. The hotel was fairly clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room & an exercise room. Comfortable beds, WIFI and TV where so-so. The staff is friendly. This is an older property I say it is 2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear traveling_frank,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.

It was real pleasure to learn that you weer satisfied with the amenities and services that we have to offer. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to serving you again.

Dhan M
IHGCare
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stay here each time I'm in Huntsville. I did make the mistake of trying out another property the on my last visit; I'll be at the Candlewood next time.

I've never found my room to be dirty; the staff is always friendly. I enjoy being able to cook in my suite and have used the outdoor gas grill as well.

If I have any issues, it's with the maid service not coming daily. The front desk cheerfully provides clean linens on request if you want to come get them.

It's a good home away from home for those of us who travel frequently.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Candlewood in Huntsville Alabama In August 2012. The hotel looked nice from outside but was not inside. The room was dumpy with cheap looking furniture. The water out of the faucets was brown. The hotel told me when I complained that they were working on the lines. I would have liked to have been told about that at check in. The hotel gym had token equipment and was too hot. The only positives were the bed was comfortable and the AC worked well.

Room Tip: Skip this one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Run26miles,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. I am delighted to know you found our hotel exterior commendable. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guest to stay. However, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with the room accommodations and condition of the water. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
IHGCare
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

First the pluses: the Candlewood Suites Huntsville is in a great location, with easy highway access and close to a nice mall for shopping and dining. The US Space and Rocket Center is also just down the road. 1 bedroom suites are extra spacious and include a full kitchen and a huge dining/work table. The guest laundry is free of charge (detergent is $1 per load) and a welcome feature for families on the road.

Now the negatives: the property is pretty old and it shows in the room decor and general run-down feel. The hallways and the combined laundry/snack shop/exercise room/business center room are unbearably hot. During our stay, there was a leaking pipe that dripped water into the laundry room; this probably caused the fire alarm to go off randomly several times during the night, forcing confused guests into the hallway and the flustered front desk attendant to field lots of phone calls. Finally, our second floor room had a very poorly constructed floor that amplified every footstep, such that anything other than a tiptoe would come across as a loud "thump" in the room below and caused a complaint to the front desk from the guests below.

The price is right ($70 per night but breakfast not included) for such a spacious room but I would shop around for a more modern hotel next time in the Huntsville area.

Room Tip: Insist on a first floor room unless you want a call from the front desk complaining about the noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear gwwyjjliu,

Thank you for giving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay here with us. I deeply apologize your stay was negatively affected by the hotel decor, unusual temperature of the facilities, condition of the room and fire alarm. I understand the discomfort this caused you. We value the opinion of our guests as this gives us the avenue to improve the quality and service that we impart. We would like to have the chance to host your next stay in Huntsville to show you our progress.

Zelyn N
IHG Care
Colleyville, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We flew into Huntsville on Sat. and out on Sunday and just needed a comfortable bed, clean bath and quiet surroundings near 565 for a good night’s sleep. Candlewood was exactly that and the price couldn’t be beat. We didn’t need the kitchen facilities, but since we had a microwave we popped the popcorn left for us and went downstairs and bought another bag. We didn’t watch much TV, but it was a nice flat screen with all the normal channels. If we’re passing through Huntsville again, we would definitely stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This property was wonderful. The staff (Brenda and Mrs Myles) were exceptional in helping us get around the city. We had the same experience at Candlewood in Murfreesboro. I highly recommend Candlewood Suites where ever you go!!

It was kinda funny - while we were there, there was a show call "Hotel Impossible" that came on. It is about a man who goes to hotels that are in trouble and tries to get them back on track.

When he started looking at the cabinets, looking under the beds, and at the fridge, my husband started to do the same thing in our room!! Again, my favorite CANDLEWOOD Suites passed the test! Even the top of the cabinets were dust free!

If you find one in another city, that doesn't meet your expectations, let me know!!

Thank you Candewood Staff!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Huntsville? Share your experiences!