“#1 'Best Italian'” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Huntsville, Alabama
“#1 'Best Italian'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Valley Planet's survey ranked Carrabba's Italian Grill as 1st in the "Best Italian" category.

This restaurant is located on the top floor of the parking garage at Madison Square Mall, near the south end. The door opens to the outside; therefore you never see Carrabba's from inside the mall. If you're inside the mall, go outside from the food court, and turn left. Carrabba's is the mall's best restaurant.

We came after church on a Sunday. We lucked out in that there was no wait for seating. (There can be a long wait on weekends. I don't know if they take reservations, but it might be worth giving them a call.)

The hot bread was better than I'd remembered. My wife and I split an order of Seafood Cannelloni. Actually, they split it for us. They even split the side salad that came with it. The Seafood Cannelloni was excellent! The side salad was very good, but you might prefer a cup of soup instead. Each of us drank tea.

Our total bill for this Sunday lunch was about $22, which I thought was reasonable. We were too full to order a dessert.

Our waitress did a very good job.

The music volume was low, which was OK with me. What I remember hearing of it was some jazzy brass, and I'm not much into jazz.

The diners were chatty, and there was a noticeable clatter from the kitchen areas. At least the staff wasn't heard hollering orders around.

I could have rated Carrabba's a 4 overall, but I'll go ahead and give them a five. Our main entree was very excellent, and I think Carrabba's is nicer than several of the restaurants ranked above it in TripAdvisor.

We left happy. My wife thanked me for bringing her here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Madison Alabama
“Itailian at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Wonderful restaurant at a mall but access is each and parking is free and close. The food is always fresh and the signature soup (Mamas Chicken Soup) is probably the best I have ever had in a restaurant.

Visited June 2012
Meridianville, Alabama
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great food with an ausome atmosphere. They have the best chicken marsala in Huntsville.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, AL
“My favorite is their chicken marsala.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The food is good, but not great. The service has been good every time I have been there. My favorite is their chicken marsala.

Visited October 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

You've got to try the steak or chicken marsala. They are amazing. Salads are good and pasta with marinara is always good.

Visited March 2012