“Nice but kind of noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice but kind of noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here on May 4, 2013 just for one night. The hotel is new and very clean. My main complaint was the noise. We were on the 6th floor and the hallways kind of wind around (not just a straight hallway) so it was hard to tell where it was coming from. About 3:15 am we heard lots of yelling on our floor, but couldn't see anything when we opened the door. Also our bed was very squeaky - every time we got up it was quite loud. The hotel has free breakfast which had eggs, canadian bacon, biscuits and gravy but we arrived close to closing time (breakfast is 6:30 to 9:30 daily - not later on weekends like some hotels) and all the gravy was gone. Didn't really bother us but we did hear other guests complaining. There is also a small bar in the lobby which serves until 11:00 I believe. They also have a market by the front desk that sells beer, soda, snacks, etc. Only other complaint was that you park in the back of the hotel and come in thru the back door and have to walk around by the pool to get it. It was cold and rainy and seemed like a long walk in the dark. The staff was very nice and check in was very quick.

Room Tip: Parking lot side might be a quieter - we were on the highway side and did hear some road noise but n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a response on tripadvisor. We take this feedback very serious and appeciate your honest comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Everything about the place feels new still: the rooms, lobby, elevators, etc. Hotel is only about 2 years old and the staff works very hard to keep it looking fresh. The room has ample space for a family with a living room with a pull out couch and a bed area. There is no door separating the living and sleeping areas, but the two areas are divided by the work desk. For the bathroom there is one room with a sink and shower and another room with a sink and toilet. So the two sinks would also come in handy for a family. The breakfast selection was ok with standard hot and cold items of decent quality. The internet worked flawlessly the whole three days I was there and I never lost a connection. I can not tell you how rarely that happens regardless of what level of hotel I am staying in. The service was also very good and attentive. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I loved this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us this great Tripadvisor review! We do work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience at our property.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend and loved it. I was very surprised at how modern and trendy this hotel was. This was my first time in a Springhill Suites and it didn't disappoint. This room had a micowave and a fridge. The bed was confortable but the pillows could have been better. Overall, this hotel was a great value. I will definitely stay here again while visiting Huntsville.

• Stayed March 2013
Brittany B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about the SpringHill Suites Downtown Huntsville with us! We aprreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future!!
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days and enjoyed my stay. Staff was friendly and professional. Bed was comfy, room was clean, lots of pillows, minimal noise, loved the separate toilet and shower rooms.
and the sliding doors were pretty.The color scheme was very relaxing, its a light sage. My only negative was that someone was smoking in their room and the smell came through my vents. Not the hotels fault though, they cannot control rude guest who violate no smoking policy. I will definitely stay here again and have recommended this place to my co-workers. Breakfast variety was nice, but I wish they served real cream or half & half instead of carnation creamers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about the SpringHill Suites Downtown Huntsville with us! We appreciate your feedback very much. We take our no smoking policy very serious so I am deeply sorry that you had the smell of smoke come through your vents. Thank you for your recommendations! Welook forward to seeing you again in the future!
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was in town to visit a family member for one night recently and he suggested this property. I tend to like newer hotels and this SpringHill Suites fits that description. It was clean, fresh, and modern. Front-desk staff was efficient. The layout of the rooms was what I liked best. There were in effect two separate bathrooms, one enclosing the toilet and a small sink, the other including a large vanity/sink area plus shower (which, btw, did leak a bit onto the floor). The double bathroom design would be especially convenient when traveling with another person. I find all Marriott beds comfortable, but maybe that's just me. While the hotel is situated close to a highway and I was on that side of the building, it didn't bother me (maybe because I travel with a sleep machine to drown out ambient sound?). In the morning I met with two family members in the lobby to go over some family business, and we enjoyed the complimentary coffee and made use of the small business center to print out some information. When we needed assistance, the staff was more than happy to help. When visiting Huntsville in the future, this will be my hotel of my choice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
vicksburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. Dislikes: next to a busy highway and very loud. I m writing this instead of sleeping. Room smells faintly of smoke. Room wasn't stocked with enough supplies (toilet paper). Shower leaks onto the floor bad. Likes: I like the room layout and decor. Good price.

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

On Jan 21 I was booked for a weeks stay here while attending class in Redstone. Its a new hotel, and students are forced to stay here for the Gov rate and reimbursement. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly and attentive. The beds are bottom end. If one looks closely, mirrors in the bathroom are held in with improvised screws, instead of using correct hardware. Furniture is cheap, showers have shotty workmanship. Our entire class complained about the beds. In my assumption, a nice mattress is the first thing people need at a hotel. This place was built on a bare bones budget. Stay here last.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown? Share your experiences!