“Made my day!!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #133 of 517 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Great service and food! Perfect family atmosphere....our party of 10 ranged from 2 newborn to 2 teens to 2 55yr olds.
Elkmont, Alabama
“Made my day!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Family of 4 had dinner and some raw oysters which were good! Loved the fried pickles, bacon wrapped shrimp, and shrimp and grits. Service was very polite and food was all done right. Definitely will go back.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I came here on a weekend getaway and found the reviews on Tip Advisor helpful for this place. I had the oyster sampler and it was very good! Different types of cooked oysters were served on a large platter yet I have had larger oysters before, these were very good! My husband wanted to try the steamed seafood platter, he was disappointed with the size for the money but I had told him I thought if it was fried it would be different because the fried came with hush puppies, etc. He did like his meal though and the wait staff was very friendly. We can say we have been there and tried that at least!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“Great Seafood at a Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We drove an hour to get here and it was worth the drive. No one has Oysters anywhere else this fresh. Their fried pickles are great along with the seafood augratin.

Athens, Alabama
“Consistantly bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Second time to this location. Never again. They had my appetizer order wrong. The oysters I ordered were the size of muscles, if that. My scallops were not actually scallops, but fish punched out into the shape of oysters. Expensive enough to start with, now they want to short me the actual food I ordered? Husband ate one of my "scallops" and is deathly allergic to fish. Thanks for that. $168 for lunch for four. Don't go there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thompsons Station, TN
“Drove for 1 1/2 hours to eat there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

On a rainy day, we decided to drive down to Wintzell's Oyster House to eat. This was our second visit as we had walked in just as they were closing about 6 months earlier. At that time, they were kind enough to prepare a "to go" order which was very much appreciated since we had spent the day at the hospital. Second trip, no less excellent service. We had the oyster platter which was delicious. Also had the gumbo, hot, spicy and excellent! Peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream, yummm. Cannot say enough good things about the service or the food.

• Visited November 2013