“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Description: (256) 890-0104
Tampa, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was my first time at a Vietnamese restaurant, so I can't speak to its authenticity, but I really enjoyed it. The menu was huge and I had a hard time deciding, but based on TripAdvisor reviews, I tried the claypot and loved it. The restaurant was very busy, but well run.

Visited July 2012

Sarasota, Florida
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Tried this restaurant after reading favorable reviews on Trip Advisor and were very pleased. My husband had the seafood clay pot and I had the beef clay pot and it was very delicious. It was our first time trying this type of food and we enjoyed it. Had the spring rolls as an appetizer and they were very good as was the service. Although the restaurant was full, the noise level was low, unlike the restaurants we eat at in Florida where you end up shouting across the table.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville
“Asian orgasm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I checked this out last evening with 2 friends, it was excellent. I had the seafood clay pot and my companions both ordered the chicken clay pot. We all enjoyed the food and the service was good and the waitress was blessed with a smiling face! I look forward to going back next for the Pho and then on down the menu list.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, AL
“It's the Real Thing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

It can get crowded... why??? Because it's good, it's inexpensive, and the staff cares... Lot's of former military in the area and we love the joint.

Visited June 2012
Huntsville
“Consistently Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I will start by saying this is a small local family-owned restaurant in a strip mall, not anywhere near an upscale dining experience. Of course, foodies go for the food, and on that count, Viet Huong is one of the top ten restaurants in the city.

The rice paper spring rolls are terrific. I prefer to go down menu on these and get the ones with char-grilled pork. The Pho is really good. My preference is any of the Clay Pots, which is a house specialty.

Everyone I’ve ever taken to Viet Huong or recommended Viet Huong to raves about the food.

Lunch rush can be crowded, often with a wait for tables. Viet Huong has a loyal following of lunch customers from the nearby Arsenal and technology park. The food and value are worth it.

• Visited April 2012