“Asian orgasm!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: (256) 890-0104
Huntsville
“Asian orgasm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I checked this out last evening with 2 friends, it was excellent. I had the seafood clay pot and my companions both ordered the chicken clay pot. We all enjoyed the food and the service was good and the waitress was blessed with a smiling face! I look forward to going back next for the Pho and then on down the menu list.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
“It's the Real Thing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

It can get crowded... why??? Because it's good, it's inexpensive, and the staff cares... Lot's of former military in the area and we love the joint.

Visited June 2012
Huntsville
“Consistently Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I will start by saying this is a small local family-owned restaurant in a strip mall, not anywhere near an upscale dining experience. Of course, foodies go for the food, and on that count, Viet Huong is one of the top ten restaurants in the city.

The rice paper spring rolls are terrific. I prefer to go down menu on these and get the ones with char-grilled pork. The Pho is really good. My preference is any of the Clay Pots, which is a house specialty.

Everyone I’ve ever taken to Viet Huong or recommended Viet Huong to raves about the food.

Lunch rush can be crowded, often with a wait for tables. Viet Huong has a loyal following of lunch customers from the nearby Arsenal and technology park. The food and value are worth it.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Vietnamese food. Some of the best I have ever had outside if NahTrang, Vietnam.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

I had the Pho and my wife had a clay pot. These are clearly specialties of this restaurant and were delightful in every way. The setting might be considered kind of austere, but the staff is great and the food exceeds all expectations .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tennessee
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We eat here almost every week, despite living 40 minutes away. The atmosphere is fairly basic [though pleasant and clean], but the service is good and the food is excellent, particularly if you stick to certain things. Start with the spring rolls - these are not the deep fried kind. There are two to an order, with a sauce for dipping. Moving on to the main meal, the pho is great. Size "small" is huge. Size "large" is a tureen. Most variations of the pho are beef based, but there is one that is chicken, and I can vouch for the fact that if you are feeling a little under the weather, this is the ultimate chicken soup. The clay pots are also excellent. I tried an entree with crispy noodles once and found it a bit greasy, and now I tend to stick to clay pot, pho or something with soft noodles. We've never tried dessert, so I can't speak to that. I don't have the exact opening hours, but they are open fairly late. We've never had to wait for a table. For the two of us, two drinks of the non-alcoholic sort, two orders of spring rolls and two entrees tend to run between $20 and $25.

• Visited November 2011