“A good place to rest” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4870 University Dr Northwest, Huntsville, AL 35816-1847   |
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

You won't find a better value for your money. This strip of University drive has a lot of hotels. My family lives in Huntsville. But sometimes everyone comes to visit at once. I have stayed at this location multiple times. I even put my Mom here for a week while her house was being renovated. I feel safe here. The staff is always happy to help. I have a nose that can unfortunately smell everything. I recently stayed there and I could smell something that bothered me that let me change rooms with a problem. It is an older hotel. But the decor has been updated. Breakfast has a variety of choices and adequate for a contiential breakfast. This will continue to be my home away from home when I come to town to see family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The young man at the front desk who checked me in was extremely friendly and nice. He was able to give me directions to the UAH campus up the street and suggested some areas of Huntsville to check out if I had time on my visit. He also gave us a convenient room (Rm 164) location that was easy access to the parking lot. I wish I would have gotten his name, but he had dreads. The young lady that checked me out was quick and courteous too. KUDOS to them both.
We did want a nonsmoking room and our room smelt like someone had smoked in it. I also noticed that there was dried up urine on the toilet next to the tank when you let the seat down (the spot where most men splash urine - Eeww!). The floor could have been vacuumed and the bathroom area swept/mopped better. It was nice and quiet because I was there to test the next morning so I was able to get rest, but my poor husband couldn't sleep because the heat from the AC unit was blowing directly on him because the plastic cover deflecting the air from the curtin. However, some young people were out at 5am in the morning talking loudly and yelling across the courtyard/pool area (annoying since I had to get up at 6am).
This won't detour me from booking a future stay, but I hope next time it's cleaner and we do receive a room that doesn't smell of smoke. Overall, we were okay for a one night stay, but if we had been there longer, I may have asked for a different room or checked into another hotel because of the cleanliness factor. This was the second La Quinta we've stayed in within the past 2 years, and we plan to stay in one next month in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here with my mom for a couple of days. The staff is great and very helpful
The rooms are clean and the overall value is good. Brittny at the front desk is super nice and helpful, so thank you.
Coming back next time Im in town

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The staff was nice and everything was pleasant. Very nice room and comfortable bed. Breakfast could use some meat choices. At first hotel seemed a little dated, but lobby and room was clean and fresh. Stayed for business and was an idea location. But overall things were good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Homestead, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as I was traveling with my large Mastiff. La Quinta is hands down the best pet friendly hotel I've found thus far. Check in attendant was awesome. She checked us in quickly to a very clean comfortable king room. Flat screen HD tv and comfortable bed. A little older hotel with room doors accessed outside. Nothing too fancy here but still clean and comfortable. Did have an end table in the room that appeared to have been chewed on by a previous furry friend. Would stay again and would recommend to those traveling with pets. Small grassy areas in a couple places for pet walking but is limited.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park? Share your experiences!