“Decent” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Huntsville, Alabama
“Decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great restaurant for quick dinner on week days but not for dinner party's service can be good if you get a decent waiter who doesn't for you are waiting for them

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Alabama
“Best chips and salsa anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Fast service, delicious food. This is our go-to Mexican restaurant in Huntsville. They have great lunch specials too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

food is always good. really like the salsa with chips. wife loves the chilie relleno's. never had a bad experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Alabama
“Worst Mexican Food in Huntsville”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Last night I wanted to treat the wife to a night out for our favorite cuisine, Mexican. This place appears to be quite popular based on the cars in their parking lot and the website reviews, even folks from work love it. I cannot fathom why. I must say that the interior decor is fun and festive, looks like the kinda of place where Cinco De Mayo would be a blast. The service was amazing, we were seated immediately and our waitress Nina was a joy. Our glasses never had a chance to get empty and if Nina smiled any harder she'd break her jaw. The first foul indicator was the menu covered in old food. With it came the salsa, not enough cilantra and way too sweet...but dinner should not be judged by a snack so we waited. Our food quickly arrived piping hot and we soon dug in. I quickly decided this was our last trip here. We both found the food to be terrible. I think that perhaps they have put their own spin on simple rice and refried beans because they were so far off the mark that I paused to mourn them. Flautas are a rare treat so I was super excited after I ordered but they arrived and my tastebuds were let down. Perhaps it was just my entree, nope, the bite of my wife's pork enchillada was just as bad. Our total came to 31 bucks and I was glad to pay so I could leave and put it behind me. Too bad the indigestion was a reminder of my poor experience over the next hour. It's a shame a place with such amazing service with a delightful staff serves such awful food. Never again.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Arab, Alabama, United States
“Best Mexican Food East of the Red River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Growing up a Texan, I have eaten my fare share of great Mexican Food. My wife loves eating Mexican food so we decided to go to a local Mexican Restaurant (a recommendation from a co-worker) named Phil Sandoval's Mexican Resturante. The place lived up to the expectations. We experienced great dinning and most importantly, the best Mexican Food outside of Texas. We dinned there on a Saturday afternoon and was pleased to have had the pleasure of meeting Phil himself, a native Texan from San Antonio. He shared with us that his recipes are of family origin from home and that the tortillas and chips are made fresh daily. My wife and I have eaten Mexican food from Texas to Georgia, down to Florida and up to Tennessee, Phil Sandoval's Mexican Resturante rates among the BEST. Thank You Phil and staff for the memorable dinning experience.

• Visited March 2014