“Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Moseley, VA USA 23120
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Enjoyed a family dinner for 4 adults and one toddler. Everyone enjoyed their meal and those of us who have eaten at Rosie's agreed Phil's was better. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Only negative was that the high chair strap was broken allowing my daughter's toddler to "escape" and require more attention to control than we preferred. We'll be back.

• Visited December 2012

80% Recommend
Huntsville, Alabama
“OK Food; Disappointing Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I heard many good things about this restaurant so I opted to give it a try. The menu offered excellent variety. The fajitas were flavorful; the tortillas were fresh and soft. The soft drinks were watery. The cheese dip was still runny even after it cooled (which suggests it didn't contain much cheese). The server was at the table several times before the entrees were delivered but didn't check back again until well after my guest finished his food. Only then it was to see if we wanted dessert. I had an issue that likely could have been resolved had the server (or another server or even a manager) checked with us sooner. We were not able to get anyone's attention. In hindsight, I should have gotten up from the table to find a manager. I hoped to see someone on the way out but did not cross paths with anyone. At that point, I was too aggravated too look for someone and my experience was already spoiled. Although the food seems slightly better than the best of the competition, the service doesn't come close. Not worth a second try when I consider how many other wonderful options exist in the area.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Excellent Service! Good Food, Good Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I wanted to try a "home-style" meal after a week-long stay in Huntsville. I checked the restaurant's review on TA and decided to give it a try. One thing one must say about the restaurant is that they do a superb job of training their staff. Starting with a warm welcome by the hostess to the server who offered me samples of two soups to help me decide what to order, everyone was very professional and welcoming. I had the tortilla soup - it was very good as an appetizer. Then I ordered one of the signature dishes. I found the food tasty but a bit cold in temperature. The hot dipping sauce was also a bit ordinary. I wasn't sure if they make it in house (I am sure they do) or they buy it. The price was Ok - I think the service was worth the price. The place was nicely decorated and you can tell people were having a good time.

• Visited November 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“A very nice place to take visitors for great Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

It is tastfully declorated and comfortable.
The food and service are consistantly good. There is a large and varied menu, and it is a place that vegetarians may dine. It is usually a bit crowded, but that is because it is a really nice place to eat Mexican food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Expensive for Mexican but good quality food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I ate here because the Cheddar's across the parking lot was standing room only. This looked like a nice place to eat and was tired of driving around Huntsville. The prices were a little high at dinner but the food was very good quality and the portions were large. I ordered the steak and chicken fajita combo and had food left for the next day at lunch. The rice and beans were better than most mexican restaurants. The beef in the fajitas was very tender and seemed to be a prime cut. Overall I really liked this place but felt it was a little too high compared to what I normally spend on Mexican food.

• Visited November 2012