“Excellent Service! Good Food, Good Ambiance” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Excellent Service! Good Food, Good Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I wanted to try a "home-style" meal after a week-long stay in Huntsville. I checked the restaurant's review on TA and decided to give it a try. One thing one must say about the restaurant is that they do a superb job of training their staff. Starting with a warm welcome by the hostess to the server who offered me samples of two soups to help me decide what to order, everyone was very professional and welcoming. I had the tortilla soup - it was very good as an appetizer. Then I ordered one of the signature dishes. I found the food tasty but a bit cold in temperature. The hot dipping sauce was also a bit ordinary. I wasn't sure if they make it in house (I am sure they do) or they buy it. The price was Ok - I think the service was worth the price. The place was nicely decorated and you can tell people were having a good time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Huntsville, Alabama
“A very nice place to take visitors for great Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

It is tastfully declorated and comfortable.
The food and service are consistantly good. There is a large and varied menu, and it is a place that vegetarians may dine. It is usually a bit crowded, but that is because it is a really nice place to eat Mexican food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Expensive for Mexican but good quality food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I ate here because the Cheddar's across the parking lot was standing room only. This looked like a nice place to eat and was tired of driving around Huntsville. The prices were a little high at dinner but the food was very good quality and the portions were large. I ordered the steak and chicken fajita combo and had food left for the next day at lunch. The rice and beans were better than most mexican restaurants. The beef in the fajitas was very tender and seemed to be a prime cut. Overall I really liked this place but felt it was a little too high compared to what I normally spend on Mexican food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntsville, Alabama
“Best Mexican in Huntsville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My son and I finally got to eat here after hearing about it for quite a while. It definitely stood up to my expectations. I knew it would be good when I sat down to the salsa and chips which was very tasty.My son had 3 soft tacos which were huge and came with your typical rice and beans. I had a chicken burrito in a sour cream sauce. Both were very good and well worth the price. The service was excellent. Not a complaint here and my son already wants to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DECATUR
“Above average food and exceptional service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Arrive early or you'll wait in line. Having said that, the wait is worth it. Very good Mexican food with service that was noteworthy. I'm not one that usually dotes on service (that's what they're supposed to do well) but these folks are special.

Visited November 2012