“Very tasty and unique” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
“Very tasty and unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had their shimp tacos, which are definitely a different take on a taco. My wife had their triple tostada and was pleased as well. Their chips are excellent, but personally I prefer a diferent kind of salsa. Their menu is fairly limited, but I would be willing to return.

Visited November 2012

80% Recommend
Jackson, Georgia
“My New favorite Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was a nice restaurant in a strip mall setting and ordinarily I wouldnt have even went in because often the food has a "chain store" taste . I was taken here by a local resident and I thought that at best the food might be fair but not good or great. I was wrong.
This has great food and i had the special dinner that pretty much has everything. It was all great with no complaints or suggestions on how it might be better.
I always get a flan and I suggested one for my date that had never tried one. The flan was really good! It had coconut flakes on it which i had never seen done before. That was okay by me but not for my companion that doesnt like coconut. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Alabama
“Best Mexican in Huntsville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would eat here 6 times a week if I could. The Best Mexican in all of Northern AL and southern TN. The best/freshest chips. A full Mexican menu with outstanding "gringo" choices like the awesome chicken sandwich or rib plate

Visited October 2012
Madison, Alabama
“REAL TEX-MEX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Phil has the best TEX-MEX in town. The beef fajatis are the best outside of Texas that i have had! The quesadilla's are also very good! The complimentary ice cream is a nice touch especially if you get the sopapillias!

Visited July 2012
Decatur, Alabama
“Sandoval's on a Sunday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been to Phil Sandoval's on a number of occasions and have always been please with the food and service. I usually go on a Sunday afternoon and did so today. Sandoval's has atmosphere with brick walls and a of of distressed wood. There is a collection of maracas (you can even bring your own for display), ceramic lizards and butterflies. Old fashion colorful Christmas lights are strung from the ceiling and there is a nice patio for outdoor dining.

I ordered the shredded pork burrito this time. It comes with green rice and black beans. It was quite flavorful; I got a to-go box. The meals comes with salsa (not my favorite) and freshly made chips. But the nicest touch is the bowl of soft-swirl vanilla ice cream that is complimentary.

Oh, and children get free balloons!

• Visited September 2012