“Not worth the price” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
“Not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Well at least the rooms were large and clean and the location was good for our needs. Other than a nice bar in the lobby, I couldn't tell the difference between this hotel and a Holiday Inn Express. There was no valet and there was no bell service, and check in was strange. The clerk was pleasant, but disinterested. Someone who may have looked like a bellman came forward after we checked in and were almost to the elevator with our bags to ask if we needed some help. None of this is what I have experienced with Westins in other cities. Fortunately we only have one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
huntsville7, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Westin Hotels have provided. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments regarding the service issues you encountered which we will address immediately. Please feel free to contact me at 256-428-200 so I can investigate further and prevent a recurrence in the future.

Sincerely

Danny Hiatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night, hoping to get some sleep while our gracious parents kept our toddler and infant. The first room they put me in was next to the HVAC units and the second was in the middle of three rooms of screaming children. I was worried about being a demanding and annoying customer, but the ladies at the front desk (especially the manager) were nothing but friendly and accomodating. The third room was perfect and I got two follow up calls from the desk to make sure we were okay. We ordered in room breakfast and everything was great. The shower, robe, bed, and climate control were all top notch and the room was clean and well appointed. I don't think you can ask much more than that and you can be assured that the staff cares about your happiness. I'm already planning my next visit!

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
huntsville7, General Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Westin Huntsville. We greatly appreciate you taking this opportunity to share your experience with us. We certainly apologize for you having to relocate rooms, but it is very comforting to know that it was handled very well by our Front Office team, and that you felt the room was comfortable and very clean. Our staff certainly does care about each and every guest’s happiness and we all look forward to your return here at the Westin Huntsville.
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Third stay at Westin since it opened. Absolutely no complaints. Great location and staff. Comfortable bed and best omelets at the Sage Grill. Still haven't taken advantage of the full amenities of the property

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from loud twentysomethings in the next room. Fortunately the nice AC in the r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
huntsville7, General Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
. Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to comment on your recent stay here at the Westin in Huntsville. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit here and had a great weekend stay here at the Westin. The staff will be happy to know that you found them friendly, and that you enjoyed your breakfast experience in Sage Grille. We all look forward to when your travels bring you back to the area and the Westin Huntsville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Westin Huntsville was built in the perfect setting. Bridgstreet is an awesome location with tons of great shopping and entertainment. This would have been an awesome experience if there night management staff were better trained and more professional. We had to move rooms at 3oclock in the morning after 5 noise complaints. . After asking what there specific policy was on noise I was told that if a guest complained they had to address it no questions asked. .I asked the night manager specifically if my CPAP machine was to loud would I have to turn it off and I was told yes!! Basically the vent in our room connected to the room upstairs and me and my wife were disturbing there rest on a Friday night. I would have b understood if we were being extremely loud and arguing, or playing music extremely loud, but this wasn't the caseat all.. Because the rooms were poorly designed we are harassed throughout the night... As an active duty service member I have received better hospitality in Uzbekistan! And that says a lot.. So if you plan to whisper and be sleep before 9pm you will be good to go and I would recommend this establishment to you. . As for me and my family, never again!

• Stayed January 2013
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed 1 night at this very nice property. Very convenient to the Bridgestreet shopping area and with lots of dining choices makes this property a great choice for a fun weekend. As usual the Westin rooms and bedding were top notch and we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
huntsville7, General Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I wanted to take this opportunity to say how much we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here at the Westin in Huntsville. We are glad to hear that you had a fun weekend and found our rooms in great shape. We look forward to your next visit when your travels bring you back to the Huntsville and the Westin Hotel.
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Location is by far the biggest perk. I was there for business so it was a short drive to my meetings. But, when at the hotel, right outside the door is an open shopping area with cobblestone pavers which is lovely to walk around in when the weather is nice. A really pretty movie theatre right next door. Some decent stores for shopping and several restaurants. There was a little construction going on but it did not impact my stay at all. They are creating waterways, a little lake area and a few bridges. Very pretty. Ice cream place, chocolate shop, clothing stores, etc.
At the hotel, all the staff I encountered were professional and helpful. I had lunch at the restaurant, they brought me the wrong entree but it was not a huge deal. Used the pool area, it was simple but I welcomed the sun and quiet moments I could find after the New England winter. Indoor pool area and outdoor pool area. Towels provided. Our rooms were not ready where we arrived because we were early but they let us into the pool area to change and relax which was excellent. The hotel receptionist even brought our room keys out to us at the pool when the rooms were ready. Very sweet. Rooms were nice, soft wonderful beds. I would definitely stay there again. Plenty of parking right outside the front door for rental car as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
huntsville7, General Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you very taking the opportunity to comment on your most recent stay here at the Westin in Huntsville. We were delighted that you found the location convenient and that you enjoyed all the shopping that Bridge Street had to offer. I am glad to see that our staff went the extra mile and that the Heavenly bed was enjoyable.

We all look forward to hosting your next stay here at the Westin when your travels bring you back to the Huntsville area.
Sonoma County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Nice hotel located nextto a nice outdoor mall with tons of places to browse and eat. Nice respite after a day of work. Food was OK - and staff were pleasant - would stay stay here again when in Huntsville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
huntsville7, General Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the opportunity to comment on your recent stay here at the Westin in Huntsville. I was pleased to see that our associate encounters were pleasant, and that you found the hotel very clean. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to when your travels bring you back to Huntsville and the Westin.

Been to The Westin Huntsville? Share your experiences!