“If you value the Internet, do not stay here.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 53 hotels in Huntsville
Florida
“If you value the Internet, do not stay here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

What a great location! What a beautiful building! Friendly staff! Decent rooms, although the grout in the shower and floor was dirty and there was an old bar of soap left. (and no I'm not going to call housekeeping to try to let them make it right. I shouldn't have to ask.)

The major problem is the Internet! First, the price is ridiculous. Be nice to them and you might get it comped though. Second, and most important, is that THE CONNECTION IS TERRIBLE! It dropped me every couple minutes nonstop! You can't watch NetFlix, you can't FaceTime, you can't download anything, you can't enjoy anything, and you can't get any work done either! It's maddening! I cannot imagine paying for this service! DO NOT DO IT.

If I return to Huntsville, I'm sorry to say that I can't come back to the Westin. It's a real shame because I like it here, but I require a decent Internet connection. You'd think with all the business travelers in this area they'd wise up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had called and booked a room for my son and his new wife. I specified that I wanted the top floor and was told I got top floor. Wrong!! They first took my credit card information and booked the room and said I had top floor and that it wouldn't be a problem with my son checking in (his name was on file as the one checking in) Wrong!! My son calls me at midnight saying their room wasn't confirmed.. I was pissed! Not only that.... It wasn't 6th floor. Bad business!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We purchased the shopping package as offered on the Westin's website and enjoyed every minute of it! The hotel and its staff we're lovely; the gift certificate and movie passes were great for entertainment. The breakfast buffet had a superb selection and the Bridgestreet shops and restaurants are top-notch. Overall...a very nice overnight getaway!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The Westin is great. It exits right into a beautiful new outdoor shopping mall with great stores and restaurants. The luxuriousness of the hotel makes it a bargain at any price under $175/night. I got it on a slow week (July 4) for $160/nt.
The bartender, Kim, is excellent- kind, attentive, and helpful. It really is all you could ask for from a hotel- worth the price.

• Stayed July 2012
WestinHuntsville, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your very nice review. We're happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and have passed along your wonderful compliments to Kim. We hope to see you again very soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The location and caliber of the hotel is wonderful. Impressive really...great place for the impromptu girls weekend or couples trip/get away. Rooms are large and well laid out - they are elegantly put together including wine glasses in the room and Starbucks coffee. The bathroom products are great. I would say that the attention to cleanliness of the property has fallen WAY below my expectations for such a potentially amazing place.

In comparison for other average hotels - yes the place is recommended and I will go again.

However - the outside pool area needs tending!! fix it up = the floor - spray off dark spots and fix that area! The out door bar should be running on the weekends in the summer at least - the luggage attendants were NOT helpful when I was there - more of an advertising emphasis on relaxing spa treatments/ packages than plastic surgery spa treatments.
Friendly staff at main greeting locations ( front desk front door front bar) is Mandatory.

KUDOS TO YOU for the following: indoor/ outdoor pool is good - the bathrooms by the exercise room/ pool are great-clean and stocked with needed things, the food in the restaurant is IMPRESSIVE! excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize that your stay was not perfect. The pool is tended to daily and maintenance and improvements to the area are a priority for us - we recently repainted the area this fall. The pool bar is open from spring until late fall on Thursdays - Sundays but our staff is more than happy to assist any guest needing food or refreshments year round. We're glad to read that you enjoyed our restaurant..our Executive Chef was just awards Chef of The Year in Alabama. We do hope to see you again very soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

stayed here for four days. the hotel is in an upscale mall with a number of shops and restaurants nearby. the price was very reasonable.

liked the green policy - $5 coupon for drinks for each day that one does not need room cleaning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
WestinHuntsville, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review and we're very glad to read that you took advantage of our Green effort and enjoyed the perks!!! We hope to see you soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for one night for a job interview nearby so the room was paid for by the company. It's a pretty big conference hotel in the middle of a shopping center. There were a lot of people in the lobby area at all times. In the evening, they sat by the elevators and were being especially loud probably due to too many drinks. The room was nice and the shower was pretty cool (double shower head) but I could hear everytime a door slammed which was often. I visited the pool, which was AMAZING. It's saltwater indoor/outdoor connected pool and heated!! Very nice and relaxing. My biggest complaint were the hidden costs. I assumed (wrongly) that they would provide a continental breakfast since it was more of an upscale hotel. After I had finished my food from the buffet (it was not served and there was no menu) I received a check from the "server". I was dumbfounded. There was no sign anywhere saying that the breakfast wasn't free! On top of that, it was $15 a person! Pretty steep for breakfast. Make sure you ask questions before you try something at this place.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and they put me at the end of the hall with a view of the AC units on top o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're so sorry to read that your stay was less than perfect but glad you were able to enjoy our heated pool during your stay. The room rate which was booked for your stay would have noted if it included breakfast - we apologize that it was not booked as such. We do hope that your job interview went well and that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Huntsville.

Been to The Westin Huntsville? Share your experiences!