“Great Lunch Specials” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Madison, Alabama
“Great Lunch Specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

They have great lunch time specials and have the best steaks in town! I go there fairly often due to it being close to my work and is very fast at lunch if you get there early. I highly recommend...

Visited October 2012

85% Recommend
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent Service & Lobster Bisque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived here on a Sunday, a little after noon. Early reservations are recommended here, but we were seated right away without a reservation. The pretty hostess asked if we'd like to sit inside or outside. We elected to sit outside on the patio, at a table partially blocked from the light breeze. The temperature was 70 degrees, so this was practically perfect weather. An awning shelters their patio from the sun, and from vertical rain. The patio has ceiling fans, and what looks to be a long radiant heater.

We started by sharing a cup of their speciality Lobster Bisque. It was excellent. Perhaps we should have ordered a cup apiece, as it was actually only a cup, and not a tureen. We ordered a 7 oz Sirloin off the lunch menu. The lunch menu is is available every day until 3 pm. The sirloin comes with a baked potato. They split this plate for us for free. I had coffee, and my wife had Sprite. The sirloin, potato, and coffee were all very good. (My wife said the steak was better than Longhorn's.) Service was excellent, almost perfect. (I'm still from the old school that thinks the waiter should make a place for your plate, and set it in front of you. In most restaurants today, the kitchen runner will just hand you your plate with the entree on it.) The check for this Sunday lunch for two was only $20.30, including tax. So, I double-tipped the waiter.

The music was very good on the patio. It was nice, calming music played on good speakers. Only in a break between songs did I hear annoying rap music coming from the new southwestern place across the canal.

Connors' outdoor patio is on the southwest side. It would probably be a good place to watch a sunset glow across the lagoon.

I could have given Connors a four overall, but I'll go ahead and give them a five since I think this restaurant is nicer than Pane e Vino, which is currently ranked higher.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison
“Great Location/Food for Business Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Everyone loves the lunch portions for steak, but I typically get the Shrimp & Grits. Great location and great environment for business lunches.

Visited October 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We visited Connors last night for the first time with a party of 4. We walked right in on a Sunday night. The Voodoo Shrimp appetizer is just like Bang-Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill (that's a good thing). For the main course we had shrimp & grits, parmesan chicken, Colorado chicken and a 6 oz. Boursin filet . It was all great and we capped it off with great deserts - creme brulee, blueberry ice cream and German chocolate upside-down cake and ice cream.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My friend and I visited Connors for lunch one day and boy was this a great decision! We were torn by the various options they had for lunch and decided on splitting a mushroom burger and their fish tacos. The waitress was great! When our food arrived they had already separated them in the kitchen! The mushroom burger was seasoned perfectly; it had a delicious boursin cheese, perfectly sautéed mushrooms, and crispy tobacco onions that all complimented each other. The fish taco was amazing, it was a fresh piece of cold water cod, a tomatillo salsa (which I removed b/c I’m not a chunky salsa kinda girl) and a delicious voodoo sauce!!! Definitely will be somewhere I’ll visit again soon! The prices for lunch are really reasonable as well, I think out plates were right at $9 a piece. Oh my friend had a lemon drop martini that she said was to die for. I opted for sweet tea which was ok, but I am a true southern girl and could have stood a tad bit more sugar :)

Visited September 2012