“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 492 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 72
Description: Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.
Madison, Alabama
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were looking for a place to have a drink and conversation. We left a sports bar because of to much noise and saw Grill 29. We were completely surprised all around. A great atmosphere, 1st class service and a great menu. We had a glass of wine and then decided to stay for dinner. Nice menu selections available for any type taste. The service was fantastic, helpful on all questions and special requests. The meals arrived with just enough time to finish the earlier drinks. We were a party of four and everybody highly praised the food. The place was packed for a Monday.

We followed up two days later just to see if this was a fluke, but received the same 1st. class food and service. This will be our new top restaurant for Huntsville. A really great place! Reservations are recommended.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Delta, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The desk clerk at our hotel mentioned this was a great local restaurant. They were right. Dessert is a must when you go.

Visited July 2014
Winchester, Tennessee
“The grits are the star here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We went here based on Trip Advisor reviews. The restaurant is dark but romantic. Our Server was Christian, who gave excellent service. We had the seafood flatbread as an appetizer. The flatbread had a good blend of fresh seafood, topping and bread flavors. Plenty for two. My wife had the crab cakes. They were shaped like they were made in a muffin pan. Tops a little burned. The seasonal vegetable was zucchini and squash. Ok but too plain for a higher end restaurant. I had the pork chop. No complaints but nothing special. I loved the creamed spinach. Like the flatbread, a very good blend of flavors with no one flavor overwhelming the others. The white corn cheese grits were outstanding. The texture was just right. The sweetness of the corn and the tanginess of the Parmesan made the dish a reason to go back to Grille 29 again.

Visited July 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have heard really good things about Grille 29, so I went in with high expectations. Sadly, they were not met. The service was good and it certainly was a unique atmosphere, but I just wasn't crazy about the food. I ordered the Tuscan chicken and garlic mashed potatoes in place of the wild rice. The chicken was pretty well cooked but had a bit too much seasoning on it. The potatoes didn't taste anything like garlic, were on the dry side and still far too lumpy. Again, very cool place and perhaps other dishes are better, but I wasn't impressed for the price. For two dollars more, I could've had fried chicken at Commerce Kitchen and been much happier!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hillsboro, Illinois
“Wonderful place to host a wedding rehearsal dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Working on a budget and found Grill 29 to be perfect. I worked with a Regina who helped me with every detail and it turned out better than I expected. The food IS THE BEST I have ever eaten! Wow! I wished I lived closer so I could go back..

Visited June 2014