“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 501 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 72
Description: Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have heard really good things about Grille 29, so I went in with high expectations. Sadly, they were not met. The service was good and it certainly was a unique atmosphere, but I just wasn't crazy about the food. I ordered the Tuscan chicken and garlic mashed potatoes in place of the wild rice. The chicken was pretty well cooked but had a bit too much seasoning on it. The potatoes didn't taste anything like garlic, were on the dry side and still far too lumpy. Again, very cool place and perhaps other dishes are better, but I wasn't impressed for the price. For two dollars more, I could've had fried chicken at Commerce Kitchen and been much happier!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hillsboro, Illinois
“Wonderful place to host a wedding rehearsal dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Working on a budget and found Grill 29 to be perfect. I worked with a Regina who helped me with every detail and it turned out better than I expected. The food IS THE BEST I have ever eaten! Wow! I wished I lived closer so I could go back..

Visited June 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Neat restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We arrived in Huntsville late on Saturday and were looking for a nice place to eat. We called several places that were closing early but found Grill 29 still open and serving. It was just what we were looking for, a quality meal, good environment, good staff at a reasonable price.

Visited June 2014
Knoxville, TN
“Great food, nice atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We ate here a couple of nights ago while in Huntsville on business. The area has a mini-downtown kind of feel and is really neat! Definitely check this place out if you're in town and eat outside if you can. :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Alabama
“The experience was so delightful! and refreshing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Situation: My husband and I were in need for a nice night out with a nice dinner , somewhere we thought the server actually appreciate their job- so we talked to some Huntsville friends and Grille 29 was recommended. GREAT recommendation!

Bar: We arrive slightly late for our reservation , so we waited at the bar for our table and got a bottle of wine at the bar. I don't remember the bartenders name but he was funny- made us laugh a couple of times, and at the bar we had the tuna appetizer.

We proceeded to our dinner table seamlessly, bartender brought the wine to us.

We requested a more private table because it was a romantic night out, and they gave us a wonderful booth that felt very private. There were large parties in the restaurant but it seemed as though it was just me and my husband. Great layout of the restaurant.

Food: amazing from start to finish! He had salmon which was glazed with honey and brown sugar and it was to die for. I had halibut which was also amazing. We couldn't finish it all and it reheated well the next day. The fish wasn't overcooked. They cooked it PERFECTLY- especially the salmon. If there is one thing we hate, it's overdone salmon...not a problem at Grille 29!

Service: Kati greeted us promptly and was very friendly and helpful. She seemed to like her job (yay!) Kati made our dinner experience special and she was always within a whisper ....aka very attentive

• Visited May 2014