“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 501 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 72
Description: Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.
Huntsville
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I love Grille 29. It is our favorite place to get a great meal or just to have a nice glass of wine. The service and staff are always wonderful!

Henagar, Alabama
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I dined at Grille 29 on the Saturday evening following Valentines day. I had booked the reservation using my OpenTable app which worked perfectly. I arrived about 10 minutes prior to my reservation time and was seated immediatley. Our waitress was very prompt and knowledgable about the specials. My wife ordered the sirloin and I chose the cowboy steak(bone-in ribeye). Both steaks were prepared as ordered and were great. We both chose the "white corn cheese grits" for our side item. The grits are the best I have ever eaten. They had whole kernels of corn in the grits which added both taste and texture. We will definitley be back and while we may exlpore new entrees we will both be having the cheese grits.

Alabama
“wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently moved to Huntsville, AL & this is one of our favorite places to eat! Lunch is delicious! atmosphere is relaxing. We have yet to try it for dinner, but we are looking forward to that soon!

• Visited December 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“not what i expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The restaurant was better than 2 stars but I am shocked it's rated #2 on GB here. My husband had been here several times for work and promised me the food was good so when he offered to take me for a nice dinner I was excited.

We walked right in with our reservation. Just as I was thinking it was a nice place with nice decor, we walked through some doors into a room that felt like a hotel breakfast area. The tables were very close together and we were seated by someone we knew from work which was awkward when on a date. I was disappointed.

We ordered and were told bread would be right put and it didn't make it put until after our salads. I ordered the special and it came with the wrong sides. The special dessert of the day was a real disappointment.

We were not rushed so that was nice, but I have no desire to go back. For $120 I want to feel much more pleased with my experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is always a great place to go and eat. The food is delicious and consistent. You really should start with the shrimp appetizer. Also, this is my favorite place for Mother's Day because they take reservations!

Visited November 2012