“Not a bad find...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 517 Restaurants in Huntsville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 72
Description: Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.
Singapore, Singapore
“Not a bad find...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Went in a party of 3 yesterday night... service was impeccable... as was the food. We had the New York Strip, Tuna Mignon and Grouper Oscar... while sharing the Calamari and Spicy Tuna Roll.

Overall 8/10, will definitely return if we had the chance...

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Greenwood, Sc
“Great lobster.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Service and food was outstanding. Enjoyed the little town of Providence. Loved the creme brûlée prepared at the table.

Visited September 2012
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently traveled to Huntsville for 3 days on a work trip. I kept putting this place off, choosing to eat instead at a few of the local places downtown and closer to the city. That was a mistake! Grill 29 was by far my best restaurant experience of the trip. The only positive being that if I had eaten here first, I may not have tried some of the other places.

First, the environment was great. It looked to be in the middle of some sort of new development. Really cool area of town. I was here for lunch but would have loved to been around for the night scene. Grill 29 itself was spacious with plenty of booths and tables (no wait during lunch) that were adequately spread out so that you didn't feel like you were eating with the couple next to you.

The food was even better. Whatever you order, make sure it comes with the White Corn Cheese Grits. Sounds suspicious, I know. But you won't regret it. Even though I was full after my meal, the food was so good that I had to try dessert. I got the Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle. Wow...highly recommend this as well!

I was also impressed by the service. The restaurant wasn't too busy while I was there, but in my experience these are the times that service can be the worst. My waitress paid attention to what was going on at my table (and the tables around me).

All-in-all, it was a great experience. I'd definitely recommend you eating here. If I ever find myself in Huntsville again, this will be my first choice.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison Alabama
“Probably the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Grille 29 is an outstanding place to dine. Parking is free and easy, the atmosphere is superb, and the food is always great. Service is always great and consistent from day to to day.

Visited August 2012
NY
“Upscale steakhouse and new American dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Top notch food, great wine selection by the glass, and a hefty number of locals in there, not just people staying in hotels nearby. Glad I went.

Visited August 2012