“Property itself is great but poor service and staff” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hope Hull
West New York, New Jersey
“Property itself is great but poor service and staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

The hotel was a fairly new property so it is in good condition. Furniture is new and they have the new flat screens. Biggest downfall is the service and staff. When I checked in the front desk agent barely said two words and then told me to wait as she talked across the desk to a housekeeper to go check on a room. I stepped out to my car for a second and came back and she disappeared. She came back out with a mouthful of food and talking to another staff member. The two of them somehow managed to checked me in. The housekeeper that was cleaning the room downstairs dropped her mop and went upstairs to check the room. She never took her dirty gloves off or anything and then I noticed her bringing up towels and insepcting my room when i went upstairs. I thought this was disgusting that she had the same gloves on she was cleaning the floor and touching cleaning equipment with to bring up clean towels. My room was not even ready when I got up and it was still being inspected. THe housekeeper then told me oh you room is missing a couple of things but do you need them if not you can just stay. Very unpleasant way to start the day. To make thing worse the next day I did not want them to come through to clean my room so I went to the front desk to ask for clean towels. It took me four times asking four different people and 3 hours later did I finally get some clean towels No one followed up with me or anything. To top things off on my check out day housekeeping came banging on my door at 1130 and told me to get out. I had requested late checkout the day before and was told it was no problem. Then when i called the front desk about it the agent gave me an attitude and said well we have to get you out of the hotel because we are sold out tonight. when i told her my late checkout was approved by them yesterday she gave me an attitude and said fine i guess so then but you have to leave ASAP. The staff was so rude and condescending that I dont ever want to return to this hotel again. The hotel should really spend more time training their staff or restaffing as they are rude and condescending and have no idea about the meaning of hospitality.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dauphin Island, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

This is a new hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

You want a clean quiet place to sleep. This is that place.
It's kind of like an entry-model Hampton inn. No mart, breakfast is very simple, no other frills.
The only thing this place is close to is the Hyundai factory. It's VERY close to HMMA, but far from anything else.
I would stay here again if ALL I was going to do here was sleep and shower.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is a fairly new property located just south of Montgomery. It has all the nice thing I've come to expect at a Comfort Suites, like well equipped rooms, good bed, and a nice variety for breakfast.

This particular hotel is located at an exit with nothing but a few hotels, a couple of gas stations/convenience stores, and a Waffle House. So, supper options are quite limited. You may want to have supper in Montgomery before bedding down for the night. The plus side to this is, the place is nice and quiet.

We checked in a little early, and the first room they assigned us to was not made up. They were propery embarrased, and quickly corrected the error. I don't mind people making mistakes, but I do appreciate it when they handle it well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Roseville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

With Hyundai close by as well as the Montgomery airport, this hotel is a perfect place to guests stay as well as any traveler needing a place to stay, whether overnight or a short stay.

We stayed one night....Christmas Eve. Preston greeted as we entered the lobby. He was very pleasant and very helpful in answering our questions.

Our room was very spacious (king size bed; love seat; and some additional furniture). The bathroom was spacious and so was the closet. The room included a microwave and a tiny (but spacious) fridge with freezer. The room was clean. The bed is comfortable. Desk for computer was nice, plasma/LCD tv. This hotel appears to be new(er).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was a stop along the way home, and the least expensive hotel we stayed at, but happened to be our favorite hotel of the trip! Know that from past experience, we expect a few issues with every stay, but from check in to check out, everything was great! The desk clerk was very helpful (and funny!) and my kids liked her so much they wanted to go back down to visit her after we got settled in. The room was spotless, the beds were actually comfortable, there were plenty of towels, and everything worked! We tried the outdoor pool, which was small but great for kids (max 4 ft deep!). Breakfast was the usual hotel fare but was more than enough to please even my picky eaters. One of the staff noticed us having issues with the waffle iron in the morning and brought us nonstick spray. Without us having to ask! It is just south of Montgomery, same exit as the Hyundai manufacturing plant (go on the free tour, very interesting!).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Airport South? Share your experiences!