“Nice hotel - In need of better customer service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hoover
Virginia
“Nice hotel - In need of better customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on the way out of Tuscaloosa, Alabama since all of the hotels there were full due to the UA graduation. We paid approximately $60 more for the one night at this hotel than we would have at the Hampton Inn located in Tuscaloosa. I am a Hilton rewards customer and I would have to say that I was very disappointed in the customer service at this hotel. Although the room itself was clean and comfortable,upon check out there was not anyone at the front desk.There was a sign at the desk saying someone would be back soon, however after waiting over 10 minutes (along with several other customers) we decided to leave. The phones were ringing off the hook and went unanswered, I just felt it was a poor way to run a hotel when customers are trying to check out and have to be somewhere. I did not receive a statement under my door for checkout which sometimes allows you to checkout without going to the front desk. I would try another hotel before I would stay here again. Too many other options in this area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us why our service failed to meet your expectations.
We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible.
I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you.
Please know that it is my goal to restore your confidence in our location by solving this problem and preventing it from happening again.
Thank you again, for your honest feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Erica Pearson
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Opelousas, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We were travelling to Georgia and had been on the road for 6 hours. We were looking for something off I-459 in Birmingham. We did not have a reservation and arrived at 1:30am. The night clerk/manager was very friendly and offered the available rooms with prices to allow us to make the best choice for us. She also made it a point to open the doors after we got our bags so we wouldn't have to use our key to enter the front doors (due to them locking due to the time). Very clean all around. Breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn experience, which was enough for the two of us and our early check out, but don't expect much if you're in the mood for a full breakfast. Cereal, fruit, pastries, and microwave oven cooked sausage, egg, and potatoes. The whirlpool tub was nice addition (this was the only King room remaining so not sure of price comparison with a basic King). A great location if passing through Alabama.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review and comments about our hotel. It brings us great satisfaction when guest notice our efforts in providing excellent service. We work very hard as a team to make this the experience that all our guests have with us. I am especialy pleased by our night auditos actions as I know that you must have been tired from your travels and it was late. I will pass these comments to our team. As for the breakfast, this is a Hampton standard and we certainly do appreciate your feedback. It will be shared with our corporate office. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and had lots of space, bed was comfy but the only thing that could have been better was the breakfast. The fresh fruit cut up was grapefruit and pineapple each day. Hot breakfast was either bacon and eggs or bacon and the summer sausage type- never traditional sausage patties or links. Just kinda different from the Hampton Inns I usually visit.

• Stayed February 2012
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of our facility. We are pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the comfortable room. We appreciate your feedback about the breakfast as it helps us identify that we need to expand our menu and offer guest better food choices. I have already discussed your comments with our team and we will be changing our breakfast items and offering an expanded food choice. We hope that when you return, you will be pleased with the changes. Thank you again!
Laurel, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Went with friends to shop at the very nearby Riverchase Galleria Mall. Just needed a comfortable convient place to sleep. It was a pleasant place to be.

Room Tip: The regular 2 queen beds were all full up so they gave us a handicapped room on the first floor...si...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We chose this Hampton based purely on their sign along side the road. It was late, we had been traveling a long time and stopped without any prior knowledge. We usually travel with TA as our constant companion and base our choice on our fellow TA contributers. This time we rolled the dice, but were extremely fortunate.

This appears to be a fairly new hotel, but was one of the nicest Hamptons we have ever stayed at, and that is a long list. Their lobby area reminded me more of a Marriot than a Hampton, and the rooms were spacious and very well furnished. The room was spotlessly clean and quiet. We could not have had a better stay, and the rates were very low for the location and accomodations.

If traveling to the Birmingham area, I would definiely stay here again and not look further.

Room Tip: ask for room 125. First floor convenience, near the door, and all by yourself.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

After a poor stay at the nearby Courtyard (see my other reviews), I switched to this Hampton Inn on my next trip to the area. Great location (right off of 495), very nice and renovated.
I used the fitness center, which was nice although I wish the attached TV had worked on either of the two treadmills (it was working on the elliptical I switched to).
Hotel was very quiet in between the holiday weekends, so I got upgraded to a nice, large corner room. Bed was very comfortable and I slept well. Room had a wet bar with mini-fridge and microwave.
Breakfast was nice in the morning - renovated breakfast area and lobby.
It's easy to walk down to the shopping strip just below the hotel, which has a Starbucks, Jason's Deli, and yogurt place - worked great to grab a quick dinner without having to drive anywhere. It's also right by the Galleria mall though, which has a Bonefish and other mall chains.
Also found the staff very nice and helpful. I'll be back in Feb!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Blountsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We travel frequently and almost always stay at a Hampton Inn. We stayed at the Galleria Hampton Inn on Friday 11/18/11 for a bridal reception and wedding the next day. Our check in was fine and the room was very clean. However there was not any soap in the room. No shampoo, condition or lotion either. I can live without the extras but was very surprised that there was no soap at all. I got in the shower and the water would be hot for about 2 minutes and then go extremely cold for a couple of minutes. This continued the whole shower. I got out and told my husband and he thought it was something I was doing wrong (As he is a plumber and knows it all). He got in the shower and I heard him hollar. The same thing happened to him. Upon check out I told the lady about our problems. She did not seem to care and did not appear to make a note of it. I was disappointed in this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria? Share your experiences!