“Best place we ate on our vacation!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 124 Restaurants in Hoover
Cuisines: Barbecue
COTTONDALE
“Best place we ate on our vacation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our waitress Ashley (I believe) said it was her first night and she was exceptional! Everyone greeted both of our children. Very nice atmosphere. Ate at a handful of places on our trip and everywhere was below average, even margheritta grill. Food here was awesome with great prices. We ordered the sampler, 1/3 ribs with the macncheese and stew. Plate of ribs was huge! I will visit again!

Birmingham, Alabama
“BBQ and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Last week we went to Southern Legacy on John Hawkins Parkway (Hwy. 150) in Hoover. It was a good choice. I got a fried green tomato BLT and it was delicious. I also got the sweet potato fries. They serve craft beers as well as daily specials. My hubands got some BBq and he had okra as a side. It was fresh and tasty.

Pluses: good service, menu variety

Next time I want to try: The Shrimp Po Boy - which is the Friday Special.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hoover
“Good Food with a good atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Southern Legacy BBQ for they're prime rib (my husband loves prime rib). I looked all over the menu trying to find something I liked, and I found it difficult to find something to eat for me. I can say that's mostly my fault as I don't like BBQ & I was in a BBQ RESTAURANT, but my husband does & there's typically a larger variety to choose from at other places. Being I didn't want fish either I settled on the prime rib as well & it was very good! The horse radish was seasoned perfectly.
I also ordered okra & spicy macaroni & cheese- the okra seemed fresh & it was great. The spicy Mac & Cheese was very good, but I give it a 3 out of 5 because it wasn't "spicy" at all. Overall GREAT PLACE!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Helena, Alabama
“Not the best Barbque”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Do not really like the Barbque but My husband goes for the catfish. The food is inexpensive and decent.

Visited December 2013
Hoover, Alabama
“Not a good experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I guess everyone deserves a second chance. This was not a good experience, went for lunch. The onion ring appetizer at $7.95 (see photo), they told me that they purchased a premade frozen product, really, I think a BBQ restaurant should have an outstanding onion ring, they are easy to make and could be such a signature for the restaurant. If they can't figure out how to make an outstanding onion ring, they should visit the Varsity in Atlanta. The BBQ came out mushy and less than lukewarm, we sent it back and they reheated it but then the buns were mush with the bbq, Just not a good experience. There are such great BBQ restaurants here in Birmingham, Southern Legacy needs some help.

• Visited December 2013