“Good food and location” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Alexandria
“Good food and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had the char-grilled chicken sandwich and was really good. Sweet tea very good. We will be back. In Patton Creek so plenty of shopping around.

Visited May 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
“Baumhower's Restaurant A Destination! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our first choice is our favorite Baumhower's at Patton Creek in Hoover, Alabama as our first stop on our 2014 Family BBQ Crawl. This is a kinda off the cuff family experience we've planned for the summer. Yes this is a BBQ destination too, and a GREAT one. Bob Baumhower's is extordinary dining destination with delicious cuisine. I chose a delicious ribeye steak with a kabob of grilled shrimp. My sides were a grilled potato and house salad with the best cheese biscuit every. My wife and son chose other entrees with equal satisfaction. To top off our meal we shared an enormous strawberry shortcake platter filled to the brim with fresh strawberries on a delightful cake topped with ice-cream and whipped cream. It must have been a pound of contents. It was indeed decadent. Of special note were our superb servers Kayla and Marcus. Best service we've experienced in a dining establishment, bar none. Words cannot overstate how highly we recommend Baumhower's Restaurant at Patton Creek in Hoover, Alabama. The dining experience was truly a most memorable one.

Saint Augustine, FL
“It was good; but nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've decided not to write a long, drawn out review this time and just tell it like it was in a few short lines. This is a sports bar restaurant and obviously a locals favorite as evidenced by attendance. There is a fairly extensive menu with numerous cleverly phrased items to choose from. The menu is certainly an attempt for uniqueness and humor, and they've succeeded there.

A little warning: this place is BUSY on a Friday night, wow! We had a 20 minute or so wait to get in which wasn't a bid deal; just pointing it out. We were seated in the back next to a very large group that our waiter was tending to along with us. Our service was severely deficient as a result, and I had to flag down another waitress for silverware after our food arrived with nothing to eat it with. We were offered a drink refill, but it never came and was only realized by the waiter when our bill arrived. The waiter was very friendly, he was just obviously inexperienced and unable to tend to large crowds by himself. I understand, but he shouldn't have been placed in that position.

The food was just average and nothing special. We decided to order the Beignets for dessert and THAT was a huge mistake. They are large and were sorely under-cooked, as in the dough inside was not completely cooked and had that tacky texture still. yeah, no thanks there.

I am sure there are better times to go and that the experience would be different on varying days, so I don't want to mislead. I *WOULD* return here another time if I were staying in town longer, but it's not on my list of making it a point to do so....if that helps. Now remember, it's a sport place and perfect if you're wanting to take in a sport on TV while eating- they've got that part in the bag!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pretty good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Pretty decent food, bar food, nachos, wings, burgers, salads,,chicken fingers exc. plenty of T.V.'s to watch sports. Friendly staff, fresh food, reasonably priced. I had the grilled chicken Caesar salad-$10.99, huge!
My daughter had the butt rub chicken sandwich-$8.99- came with fries,pretty good size. My other daughter had chicken fingers, fresh and tenders and curly fries. My husband had the pork butt plate, really good size and fresh ingredients. Overall, it was a great eating experience, and pretty reasonable.

Visited March 2014
Maylene, Alabama
“Wings Galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

You can get wings in any flavor, even not on the menu. Along with great service and a smile. Who could ask for anything more.

Visited February 2014