Having stayed at every possible hotel worldwide, I couldn't believe this great surprise. The last time I'd stayed at HI was @ 5yrs old on a cheap family vacation. So fourty years later, I was staying here only because I had no choice - my kid's soccer team was in town for a weekend tournament.
In a word, amazing. Expedient check-in, comfortable/spacious room; great amenities - all in perfectly new working order. I even noticed the nice room decor and linens - and I'm a guy. How clean was the room? ...there's "clean", "immaculate", and then "our room". The building must be new - the places I've stayed at, you notice things like fast elevators, sound-muted walls, and low-sound climate control (which ran perfectly). The large HD flat screen probably still had bubble wrap behind it. Easy parking even though the place was booked.
The staff deserves the highest praise - Front desk handled the avalanche of guests expeditiously with utmost courteousy. Cleaning crew: thorough fast job enabling early check-in. "Pool staff": patient, helpful even with rambunctious kids (never saw anyone squeegie with a smile). Breakfast staff: outstanding; handled invasion of people in a short window; food was tasty, plentiful; even served the beverages; somehow bussed/turned over tables so no one waited...all while smiling, and I'm not a smiley kinda person. To top it off, I'd left two electrical items in the room and they found them and are shipping them back to me. (Most hotel cleaning crews pocket things I've experienced.)
April Springer, this lady with d-locks on breakfast staff, and a gentleman named "Chard" - outstanding. I'd name everyone if I knew them. Maybe I will next time I go to Bham because I'll stay there no matter what.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover Hotel Hoover
- Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a visit at our 112 new appointed hotel in suburban Hoover, Alabama, close to Riverchase Galleria, one of the largest shopping malls in the Southeast. Enjoy a convenient yet quiet location in Riverchase, a planned business and condominium community on the I-65 corridor to Birmingham, close to corporate offices such as Baxter and Blue Cross Blue Shield. Golfers can choose from a variety of Birmingham courses including Oxmoor, a 54-hole championship caliber course on the Robert Trent Jones Trail. Bring the kids to Alabama Splash Adventures, a family-oriented theme park west of Birmingham. Visit Barber Motorsports, home of North American Porsche Driving School and Barber Vintage Motorcross Museum. All our rooms feature microwaves, refridgerators and coffee makers, WiFi, and flat-screen TVs with premium cable and HD. Refresh in the indoor swimming pool or enjoy a workout in the fitness center. We offer a full service restaurant and bar with daily specials. Need meeting space? we have over 3000 square feet of flexiable meeting space for accomodate any size group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.