“Not one of the top hotels” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hoover
Tennessee
“Not one of the top hotels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Good price but room much much smaller than pictures. Big comfortable beds but no space in front. Tiny desk. No extra plugs in room. Had to unplug clock. Bathroom small. Little counter. Window bed had stains. Slept late and cleaning staff passed room. Didn't come back and left early afternoon. Good breakfast with good variety. Off 150 and hard to see entrance.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chattanooga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

First time our group has stayed at this Microtel and we found it outstanding. From Check in to check out and all five days between, it was a great experience. I look forward to working with them in August-September.

Room Tip: All are good but take a room away from the early morning outside activity on certain days.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ckmclements
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Honestly, I've never stayed at a Microtel before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I picked this one because of other reviews, and I did not regret it. We had a suite, so the room was huge! Microwave, mini-fridge, counter w/bar stools, sink for washing dishes, padded window seat, love seat with ottoman...it was niiiiiice. (Although the love seat and ottoman were both coated with tiny glitter that could only be seen when the light above the love seat was turned on. Good thing neither one of us sat down before I noticed it!) Clean facility and room (other than the glitter), extremely affordable. Definitely going to stay here again if we travel this route!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, we had a suite. Service was excellent, my only complaint, I was quoted one price which I got for the first night, but the next 3 nights was $9.00 higher plus taxes. I will not be in the poor house over this but was disapointed with the charge. I didn't notice this until I got home and happen to look at the bill. My stay was from 5/21 till 5/25/12.
Ronnie Bonds

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
tupelo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

when elevator broke,i could not walk up to the forth floor,i was told it would take apx 2 hrs to repair, julie mosley gen.mgr and her staff went to my room on the forth floor,packed my things,brought them to a first floor room much upgraded, and charged me the same price, this was 5th stay here, best stay ever, excellent, best staff ever

Room Tip: any room is excellent
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Most things were adequate though it was a bit noisy in my room on the ground floor right next to the exercise room. The worse thing was paying so much for how small of a room it was, especially considering I'd checked the chain's website just a couple of weeks prior, and I could have gotten a room for 2 nights for not much more than my one nights stay. Furthermore, for the price, the "continental" breakfast was too skimpy. For instance there was a toaster, but nothing to toast in it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I have stayed in my fair share of hotels over the years, however, the hospitality extended by the staff was top notch. After traveling all night from North Carolina, we had a five year old who got extremely car sick an hour before we arrived. Worn out and exhausted after a 1am arrival, the clerk (Celita) quickly and compassionately got us checked in. I asked her if there were laundry facilities near by to wash the items soiled by our 5 year old. Without hesitation, Celita offered to wash the items for us. I could not believe it! I asked several times if she was sure. The items were cleaned, folded, and waiting for us at the desk the next morning. Thank you so much for the kindness to a group of weary travelers.

As for the property, very well maintained. The rooms were very clean and had all the amenities that would be needed. The continental breakfast was good and enjoyable, even to our 5 year old. We ordered food from the local delivery places nearby. We appreciated the fact that the staff confirmed we had ordered and did not just allow the delivery people to come up-this was important for safety sake. The hotel was also within a reasonable distance to Brookwood Medical Center, which was important since the trip was for us to visit a sick relative. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham? Share your experiences!