“Go eat here” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Birmingham, al
“Go eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Try the Kadoma Tuna for sure!! Jinsei has quite a selection of sushi rolls and delicious entrees...you can't go wrong! Also, check out their killer wine list and cocktail menu! Great atmosphere and delicious food!

Visited March 2013

Oxford, Mississippi
“Love Kadoma Tuna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Enjoy this spot in Homewood, AL - especially the grilled/charcoaled edamame and the Monday night special for Kadoma Tuna, beautiful and de-lish. We can't wait for Jinsei to open a second location in Oxford, MS this summer.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a great place to have a night out with friends, sharing tons of menu items, or for a more romantic meal with your significant other. My husband and I went with another couple for our first time. It was great having other people who knew the menu and could make suggestions. I started off with the Strawberry Mojito and it was to die for! I had three and was picking the strawberries out! Our first order consisted of the tempura green beans and edemame (half steamed, half grilled). Both were wonderful! The dipping sauce for the beans and the grilled edemame were a nice treat. Next we got the River Rock Kobe Beef. Now, don't expect this to fill you up. It came with one thin slice of beef for each of us. It was delicious, but you're really paying for the cool rock-cooking effect. If you aren't excited by cooking your own meat at the table, I wouldn't get this. I actually don't remember the name of the dish that came with the River Rock, but it was my favorite. It was a small rice cake with fish and jalapenos cut into about 8 little slices. It was very good. My husband and I ordered two rolls; the Jinsei Special and the Bangkok. Both were great, but the Bangkok was better. We ended the meal with my favorite bake dessert; a baby bite. Now, these are much better when they are directly from Pastry Art, but these were still very good.

Overall, this was an excellent experience. We had a wonderful time with friends in a great atmosphere. The service was very prompt. I think we had about three different people taking care of us.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Good, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently dined here and was excited by some reviews I read on other sites. Unfortunately, I was a bit underwhelmed. The prices are pretty high and you don't get much food at all! The menu tempts you with nice descriptions, but I have had much better sushi & rolls elsewhere.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alabama
“Overpriced...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

People who like this place "don't get out much" as far as sushi goes. The rolls are tiny! And priced far above the competition. The service was decent, though we were mislead over the phone concerning their Sunday special. There are many better places for sushi in this town that provide a better product at better prices.

Visited July 2012