“A Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Homewood
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“A Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a one night stopover in Birmingham and ended up at the Holiday Inn in Homewood. The staff was very friendly. The check-in process was a little slow. The room was very nice and large. At first, the bed seemd very soft. However, it didn't cause any problems.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
 Your complimentary review of our hotel the Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon. Thank you for your nice review.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

After spending a busy weekend in and out of this well-run Inn, we were rather surprised by some of the negative reviews we saw posted…but we know that different folks have different experiences in almost any facility. For what it’s worth, our experience included:
Staff—professional, welcoming, helpful, courteous, and eager to please.
Price—we were fairly astonished by the excellent price of $84.99, especially given the amenities, as well as the bonus points.
Room—very nicely designed, spacious and appointed, with virtually anything that anyone might expect.
Bed—king-size, wonderful to sleep on, well-placed in the room…with good selection of pillows.
Bath—full-size; excellent shower; thick towels; good hair dryer; complimentary soaps, lotions, etcetera.
Work area—comfortable desk/chair, multi-outlets, strong Wi-Fi.
Location—excellent and convenient: near the I-65 access, malls, gas stations, fast-foods, and some amazing restaurants.
Overall—quiet; well-priced; convenient, welcoming. BONUS: a major hotel which actually had closed-captioning [for the hearing-impaired] on its television set!!! Thanks…..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We can't thank you enough for all the nice things you put in your review of our hotel the Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood. It is greatly appreciated and we hope we will get the chance to host you again soon.
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was one of the only ones we could find a vacancy. It was Talladega weekend. Called and booked when we were 15 minutes away, when we arrived the front desk lady was very rude and said we obviously didn't book at this hotel because she didn't have anything under my name. Turns out they had it under my first and middle name, and not my last name. She was nicer after that and stated she had a long, hard day at work! I still felt it was unnecessary to be so cold and to just let me stand there not knowing what to do and trying to get the lady back on the phone that made the reservation. She could have at least offered to help me. Our room was very nice and clean and the pool was wonderful! We paid the extra ten dollars for the breakfast and the staff were very polite and professional. I really think breakfast should be included though, most all of the Holiday Inn express hotels we have stayed in always have breakfast included, and are usually cheaper than this one.They really hit you with the City tax, county tax, state tax, ect......it was over 30.00 dollars in just taxes. We were just passing through on our way to Atlanta, and we had a great stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
It is nice to hear you did have a nice stay here but we are also very concerned about your check in and please accept our apologies for the problems it caused you. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit our way.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this property. It's starting to show some rough edges. The staff was very friendly. My bathroom had fraying wallpaper with mold underneath. The breakfasts in the restaurant were very average. The wi-fi stopped working, so I checked out early.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so that we can follow-up with our team. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve.
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights while in town on business. The staff was excellent. Lakisha and Beverly were wonderful. They were so accommodating along with the rest of the staff. The property was well taken care of however I would have preferred a better business center. I needed a scanner or fax and neither were available.
I will definitely choose to stay there next time I visit Birmingham!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel the Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood. Thank you also for taking the time to compliment our staff we will be sure they know about your comments. We look forward to your next visit.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while looking for apartments for a friend who is moving to town.

The location was perfect, as everything was easily accessible.

The staff was terrific and very helpful.

The hotel and rooms were clean, quiet, and pleasant to look at. The fitness center was great as well.

When I'm coming back for a visit, I will definitely seek this hotel out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dave11110, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I thank you for the great feedback about the hotel and our staff. I am very happy that we have exceeded your expectations and hope to see you again the next time you are in the Birmingham area.

David Cobb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

1. rooms clean
2. people friendly, and always amenable
4. Lakisha, Steve, Mike and chef ( can't remember his name), provide great customer satisfaction . Dinner was excellent, as I am watching my. weight they did the salmon exactly how I wanted. Great team. Breakfast, didn't go exactly to plan, not sure they know how to cook a plain egg white omelette, but it turn ok on. the end :-)
5. only issue I had was the bathroom, which has s fan. to extract moisture, permanently ON, no way to turn. off, and hence you have an. annoying hum all through the night even. if u close the bathroom door and I'm. partially deaf
other than that the hotel was great

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the feedback and I am glad that you had a good experience with our restaurant staff. Our new chef at night is fantastic and I hope that you join us again for a great meal with the restaurant and bar staff, I know they work hard every day to give our guests the great service that they deserve. And come back for an egg white omelet as my chef has already given my breakfast chef some training and I guarantee you will have a great experience at breakfast as you did at dinner!

I apologize for the exhaust fan in the bathroom, they do not turn off but I will make sure that they are all inspected and repaired if need be as they should not make enough noise to bother you while you sleep.

I hope that you will choose us for your next stay with us in the Birmingham area and if I can be of any assistance to you please don't hesitate to contact me.

David Cobb

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood? Share your experiences!