“Not bad but not for me” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 70 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Birmingham, Alabama
“Not bad but not for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I went there for a birthday celebration as we had heard so many good things about this restaurant. There were 5 of us and we all felt the same way about our experience. Service was slow but friendly. Went around 1p on a Saturday and they were busy. Each of us tried something different so we could "taste". We enjoyed the chips/salsa. How we would rate entree's are... best - brisket quesadilla, then drunken hog followed by queso fundido and last was the chicken tinga. For us it wasn't bad but as mexican food is one of our favorites, we would choose a couple of different mexican restaurants in the area over this one. I guess we can say "been there, done that" but won't repeat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a chance to visit Little Donkey for the first time on a rainy Saturday night of July 4th weekend. Went early, not crowded although it was full by the time we left. Our server was very friendly and the food was very good. Had 2 tacos (fish and brisket). Came back later for a nightcap. Nice choice of craft beer on tap and specialty drinks. Will return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maui, Hawaii
“Fun casual Mexican restaurant in Homewood. Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Fun casual restaurant with great service. Has huge garage doors that open up so you feel like you are outside. The chips and margaritas are delicious. Menu has some unusual items that are very tasty. Be sure to try the corn. Our group had a fun time!

Visited May 2013
“Off the beaten path Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My first visit today at the Little Donkey and I will be back! Unique and absolutly delicious mexican food. I had the Queso Fundido, awesome! Loved the egg, rice, cheese side...a must!

Visited July 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Good Food Fun Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

As a New Mexican visiting Albuquerque I was a little skeptical when my friends told me the were taking me to an amazing Mexican fusion restaurant in Birmingham. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised. I had the fried chicken and it was amazing. The corn on the cob was the best corn on the cob I had ever had. As for the Mexican food it lived up to my standards. Try the sangria it is great!

• Visited June 2013