“Nicely Updated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Warren, MI
“Nicely Updated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is clearly one of the original Courtyards but has obviously had a recent refresh and was quite nice.

Check in was handled in a fast friendly way. They have updated this Courtyard to the new lobby style and it was clean, bright, and well presented.

I was placed on the second floor around toward the back of the property. The easiest way to access my room was to park in the back and take the stairs up one floor. The public stairways did have some duct tape on them holding the carpet down so that was a bit of a surprise.

The room was a good size and nicely updated. The bed was comfortable, the carpet newer and in good shape, along with a nice flat screen TV that actually got HD programming.

The high speed internet was reliable and speedy enough for my needs.

Hot water was plentiful which along with the standard Courtyard shower head provided a nice shower as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dan A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Homewood, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments related to your recent stay at the Courtyard Homewood. We are one of the first Courtyard's in the brand and very proud of it. Our recent renovation has been well recieved and we appreciate the further feedback. I am aware of the stair issue too and we have taken steps to address this issue. The tape is a interm solution while we receive a new piece. Thank you again for choosing Courtyard and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for a nite on way home from Fl and was very impressed. Very comfortable bed and pillows, clean, quiet. Got a great nites rest. Comparable to other four star hotels. Definitely would recommend this hotel if u are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your comments related to your recent stay. I am very happy to hear your stay was comfortable and in order. I love hearing all feedback from ur guests. Thank you again for yours and thank you for choosing Marriott!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Long walk to the rooms from the lobby area. Breakfast is expensive, but that is the Courtyard. Hotel is in a nice area with lots of dining options. Overall, I would recommend this hotel. Best for business travelers.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dan A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Homewood, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are proud of the area we are in next to the Brookwood Mall with numerous dining and shopping options. I also noticed that you mentioned the long walks to your room. It is true our building is more spread out than som other hotels. We would love to have you stay with us again. If you call in advance we would love tosave you a room up front too. Just ask for Dan the GM and we will be happy to accomodate. Thanks again for the feedback and thank you for choosing Marriott!
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We are BIG fans of the Marriott Courtyard hotels and are Marriott Rewards members. Have had GREAT visits at the ones in New Haven, CT, Wilkensburg, PA, and in Vicksburg, MS. Well,now, is there a lower tier of Courtyard??? If so, this is it. NO complimentary coffee in lobby, room is very tiny -- and I mean TINY-- as is bathroom. Nothing special here at all. Probably will not be back. Also stayed at the Courtyard in Hoover, near this one, on another visit. Probably won't stay there again either. What in the world is Marriott thinking?!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dan A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Homewood, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your feedback related to your stay at our hotel. We take all feedback from our guests seriously and you have my commitment that we will continue to strive to meet and even exceed Courtyard standards. We are very proud of our Courtyard history at our hotel being one of the originals in the brand. We have and will continue to work to meet all guests expectation as a Courtyard which includes our recent rooms renovation with complimentary coffee in room and lobby renovation with hot and fresh Starbucks for sale each morning and throughout the day. Again, thank you for yor feedback and thank you for choosing Marriott!
Madison, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked it on Priceline with a 50 dollar bid. We got there late at night, and the guy at the desk made sure we had a good room and a good parking space. The bed was very comfortable and was located in a great place with plenty of shops and restaurants, although it was a bit off of the the interstate. It was perfect for us coming back from our Florida spring break trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dan A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Homewood, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I alos hope you enjoyed your Spring Break as this can always be a nice break away from work an day to day routines. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and thank you for choosing our facility for your stay. When back in the Birmingham area I hope you are able to visit us again!
Hattiesburg,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a regular Marriott customer and rewards member, I regularly stay at Courtyards - so I expected nothing less than the usual great Marriott service. However, the tone set with service was a bit muted as we were greeted by a somewhat confused, reserved elderly gentleman during our late night arrival for a soccer tourney. He didn't even provide information about the hotel, it's amenities, location of fitness room, business center, or the fact that soccer kids got free breakfast. Had to figure all that out by myself! Including realizing that the walk to the room was half a mile (hotel is bigger than it looks)!

Perhaps he was a bit disheveled but it took him a while to assign my room and it then he changed it. This worried me because I always request no feathered pillows and the reservationist guaranteed me that would be taken care of. Don't know if it was the room switch or not but I still ended up with the feather pillows :/.

The rooms need updating. Given the beautiful lobby and the cool high-tech touch screen monitor that allows you to print out directions and search points of interest, I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the room. Housekeeping needs a makeover. I requested a box of kleenex and even heard the desk staff calling to relay message to deliver kleenex to the room, which the housekeeper completely ignored! They could do a better job cleaning rooms - in keeping with the Marriott standards.

There were many positives though - the daytime desk staff were fantastic, helpful, and very accommodating. And in the morning someone informed us about the breakfast when they saw my daughters soccer uniform. There's one gentleman who walks around (I assume a manager), and he's wonderful with the guests and very hospitable. I'd stay again, just might ask for a better room and arrive earlier so that I'm not greeted by an old curmudgeon ;).

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us in March. I appreciate the detail you gave us to work with so we are able to offer the training we need with our staff to ensure that service tou expect from Courtyard is just that. You have my commitment that we will continue to work with all staff members including our overnight and housekeeping staff to ensure we can offer a more improved experience overall. Again, thank you for the comments and detail provided regarding your stay and thank you for continuing to choose Marriott!
Sunnyside, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I rate this hotel somewhere between a 3 and 4 simply because the rooms were average. You get the basics of any other hotel however the room was indeed clean and I have no complaints.
The lobby and common areas are very nice and modern! The room simply didn't display the same appeal as the lobby and common areas which surprised me. Although I have no complaints about the room I must admit I felt disappointment after checking into such a cool and swanky looking lobby.
The customer service at this hotel is great and they are very accommodating!
The cafe has limited hours however there is a "store" area by concierge to purchase snacks, drinks, toiletries, etc. which came in handy during off peak times when the cafe was closed.
There is a computer/printing station set up where you may go online to the applicable airline in which you are flying to print your boarding pass. They also have complimentary coffee and snacks in the morning.
I was in town for a wedding and only stayed for one night however I would return for the customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay! We love you comments regarding our lobby and we have also made improvements related to our rooms finishing a rooms renovation early this year. You also have my promise that we will continue to try and improve all aspects of our guests stay where this be in the room, lobby, or our food and beverage offerings. It is comments like yours that allow us the information we need so we can improve. Thank you again and thank you for choosing Marriott!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Homewood? Share your experiences!