“Stayed with 3 children and a friend” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Montgomery, Al
“Stayed with 3 children and a friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My best friend and I chose a king suite with a separate living area for our party of 2 adults, 3 children before a trip to the McWane Center. It was great! Location was good, not far off of the interstate and just down the road from the main strip with Wal-Mart and several food places.

The suite and bathroom were spacious and clean, with two closets for plenty of storage for our (what felt like) dozen suitcases. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast had a good variety of eggs, biscuits and gravy, ham, cereals, fruit, muffins, etc. The pool (although freezing this time of year) let the children work off some energy so when we put them to bed, they were fast asleep. My only complaints were that the hot tub was not on, and we had to have someone turn it on so it wasn't hot before we actually got out; the sofabed was not comfortable at all (but how comfortable can one expect a sofabed to be, I suppose?); and we didn't have the chance to take advantage of the cookies offered at the front desk. I promised the kids we would let them get some in the morning before we checked out, but there were none there when we left (oh, another plus was the later check-out time of 12! We got to sleep in a little!). We were also unsure whether the sheets on the sofabed had been changed, but by the time we looked, we were so tired we dealt with it anyways. We supposed they could have been rumpled by simply being folded up into the sofa. No bedbugs, so I guess it wasn't a big deal.

The value was good, although the only reason we managed to afford it was because of the 25% discount for booking in advance. We paid $87, instead of over $100, which was a great deal!

Room Tip: None of the rooms face the pool, so that's not an issue. Put a towel on the bathroom floors- the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
ALABAMA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed here several times. I had to check in at 1:00 a.m. and the girl working the desk was very friendly and we were checked in quickly. The room was clean & comfortable. The A/C worked & the bathroom was big enough & clean. I have never had a problem with the breakfast until this trip. The area appeared clean but the breakfast counter was very messy with there being three of the four juices empty no eggs and two biscuits.The kitchen attendant couldn't be found anywhere in the building.The wonderful girl working the front desk did hid job.He finally came in cooked eggs & biscuits cleaned a little but after we had been there 20 minutes. I would definitely stay here again and eat the breakfast hopefully this was just a one time occurrence. Overall I would rate this hotel VERY GOOD.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for spring break to visit the Zoo, Mcwayne Science Center and Botanical Gardens. The hotel was extremely clean as well as friendly staff the morning Comp breakfast was awesome as well. I'm a Marriott rewards member however this stay surpassed any stay with Marriott. Country Inn and Suites continue to WOW your guest!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting a relative in the hospital at UAB. It was very convenient to I-65 and gave easy access to downtown Birmingham. The rate was good. The room was large, clean and had a microwave and fridge. The desk personnel were cordial. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Baconton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel added a $250.00 charge on my credit card for a smoking fee even though no one smoked in the hotel room. I have attempted to talk with the owner several times, but he refuses to take my calls and to return my calls. I have contacted the corporate office and they state that they cannot make him do anything since he is a franchisee. I stayed at several Country Inn and Suites over the last year (over 100 nights), and they were all very nice and professional except for this one. You also need to check the food before you eat it at this hotel because we got into some rotten fruit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn on 01/02/13 and it is still a great hotel to stay in. Rooms are very clean and staff are very friendly and helpful. Comp breakfast was good, waffles always good! Beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Great location right off Interstate, many restaurants and shops just down the road. Very quiet at t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

easy check in/out. The room was large clean hbo, wifi, comp breakfast(didn't eat it, so no comment) smoking and non smoking rooms/tons of towels overall appearance of the room was very pretty, lots of outlets. parking would accommodate maybe 2 bobtails or 1 rv and lots of room for passenger cars. everything in my room worked ! mini fridge, microwave,lots of drawers and counter top space in the room.
The 1 problem I had was I went out to the store, stopped by the front desk and asked if someone could clean my room( vacuum , change used towels, sheets the lady @ the counter said sure, my room was on the ground floor) housekeeping does the ground floor last.(this conversation took place early in the day) I didn't touch the do not disturb sign during my stay, so much to my surprise, I found 1 on my door when I returned from the store. I mentioned this to the front desk. I was told that if i needed anything I could get it from them. The next morning, day 3 for me. I asked the housekeepers on my floor who had cleaned my room the day b4, 1 lady said she did, then I asked when. she then changed the story and said the cleaning mgr put a d.n.d. sign on my door. kinda ticked me off to be honest with you. so @ the time of check out I had 2 d.n.d signs in my possession, spoke to the lady @ the front counter about it, she said she had made a note to the mgr.
I got a well deserved rest, I really just wanted my room cleaned on the day I thought it needed it. not after hours, not a special trip for my room but to put the sign on my door without permission irritated me.

Room Tip: try to get a ground floor room in the low 100's , you will be closer to the other key card entra...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Homewood? Share your experiences!