“Erroneous Credit Card Charges” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Baconton
“Erroneous Credit Card Charges”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel added a $250.00 charge on my credit card for a smoking fee even though no one smoked in the hotel room. I have attempted to talk with the owner several times, but he refuses to take my calls and to return my calls. I have contacted the corporate office and they state that they cannot make him do anything since he is a franchisee. I stayed at several Country Inn and Suites over the last year (over 100 nights), and they were all very nice and professional except for this one. You also need to check the food before you eat it at this hotel because we got into some rotten fruit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn on 01/02/13 and it is still a great hotel to stay in. Rooms are very clean and staff are very friendly and helpful. Comp breakfast was good, waffles always good! Beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Great location right off Interstate, many restaurants and shops just down the road. Very quiet at t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

easy check in/out. The room was large clean hbo, wifi, comp breakfast(didn't eat it, so no comment) smoking and non smoking rooms/tons of towels overall appearance of the room was very pretty, lots of outlets. parking would accommodate maybe 2 bobtails or 1 rv and lots of room for passenger cars. everything in my room worked ! mini fridge, microwave,lots of drawers and counter top space in the room.
The 1 problem I had was I went out to the store, stopped by the front desk and asked if someone could clean my room( vacuum , change used towels, sheets the lady @ the counter said sure, my room was on the ground floor) housekeeping does the ground floor last.(this conversation took place early in the day) I didn't touch the do not disturb sign during my stay, so much to my surprise, I found 1 on my door when I returned from the store. I mentioned this to the front desk. I was told that if i needed anything I could get it from them. The next morning, day 3 for me. I asked the housekeepers on my floor who had cleaned my room the day b4, 1 lady said she did, then I asked when. she then changed the story and said the cleaning mgr put a d.n.d. sign on my door. kinda ticked me off to be honest with you. so @ the time of check out I had 2 d.n.d signs in my possession, spoke to the lady @ the front counter about it, she said she had made a note to the mgr.
I got a well deserved rest, I really just wanted my room cleaned on the day I thought it needed it. not after hours, not a special trip for my room but to put the sign on my door without permission irritated me.

Room Tip: try to get a ground floor room in the low 100's , you will be closer to the other key card entra...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have stayed several nights at this hotel on business as it is part of the Corporate Lodging program. I have ALWAYS been completely satisfied!! The staff was very friendly and helpful especially on my latest stay on 12/8 -12/9/2012. The front desk clerk and the owner (Mr. Patel) went above and beyond to resolve an issue with my CLC card! The rooms are always clean and smell great and had a microwave and fridge. The beds are very comfortable, and the hotel is very convenient to shopping, eating, etc. I have and will continue to recommend the Country Inn and Suites to my co-workers, friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Good value considering it was $5 more to get a suite w/2 doubles and a sleeper sofa and 2 TV's. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good with more than the usual cereal and fruit that are the staple of a lot of other hotels that offer free breaakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Got a good rate of $66 from our iPhone. Lobby is lovely, but front desk clerk slugged through check-in. He so much didn't want to be there. Broken tile in elevator taped down with duct tape. Room was nice: quiet, dark, and comfortable bed. Refrigerator in room which is always handy. Bathroom was spotlessly clean. Carpet looked fine. Breakfast featured lukewarm coffee, stale Krispy Kreme doughnuts, hot and cold cereal, waffle machine, muffins, bananas, juice machine, sausage and eggs. Fantastic location right off Interstate. There are a lot of shops near hotel including Walmart. When we checked out the morning clerk acted bored to tears. They need to hire someone with some personality. Free USA Today in lobby. A very standard chain hotel. You could do worse. They could do better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Upon checking in at 1:45pm, the front desk clerk quoted me one price, when I checked out the next morning it was 15 dollars more than the price quoted. She gave me the keys to the room, I walked in and had not been cleaned, no sheets on the bed and bathroom filthy. I am from out of town, thinking I have picked a nice clean hotel and I was sooo wrong!! And to top it all off, at12:15 in the morning, another guest is beating on my door trying to get in, upon check in she assigned us the wrong room. I asked to speak to the manager upon check out about the terrible experience that I had, it started with check in and I was woke up out of a dead sleep due to thier mistake and he was very rude, never apologized!! I will not stay at another country inns and suites... Most horrible experience ever at a hotel!! Replace management, the customers are the ones that make sure YOU have a paycheck!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Country Inn & Suites Homewood? Share your experiences!