As everyone in the hotel will try to remind you....you're supposed to be staying in a fun and trendy chic place....or so they think with their greeting of Aloha everytime you walk through the front lobby bring on...but in reality...all you're doing is staying in a barely acceptable space that they have tried to convert into a "bauhaus NYC" style environment -with no luck!
Let's see...there is NO closet in the room...its a mule cloth curtain on a metal rod in front of a spare 12 inches of a converted shelving unit...the door for the bathroom is a "sliding mirror". The best has to be...there is only ONE light switch for all the room lighting...no bed lamps...no light near the bed...and to turn the room lights on or off...you have to walk all the way to the room door which means in the dark you are now trying to find the bed in a room you have no experience in navigating! What a nightmare that is when you have arrived late and have to be at a customers meeting in the early am and you bang your shin trying to go to bed! OH and if it wasnt for my own alarm clock on my blackberry, I would have slept right through my customer meeting because the wake up call never came. I travelled with two co-workers so I can verify all THREE rooms fell into the exact same descriptive layout. They also felt like everything here was so "cheap" but they were trying to give it a trendy name to try and set a different mood but we all agreed-it was still cheap! They totally failed at the "industrial ubran" decorating they were going for...I come from NYC and this place has no clue what "industrial urban" should be!
The staff at the front desk is so poor in terms of friendliness...I think they took courses on how not to smile! The hotel is not for business travelers- it has not one amenity that you would normally need...even the "public" printer...it was low on toner and printing a page with a large white gap down the middle...ask the front desk..."oh we don't have any toner for that printer"...ok so what should I do to print a piece of the presentation that was just emailed me...well you could go over about 5 blocks to ,...I put my hand up and said..."that's ok...I will figure it out"....
Avoid the Aloha at the Birmingham Aloft....or else you will be very angry with yourself for having given them a penny of your money...and I was travelling on the company and I still feel horrible they paid them anything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Birmingham Soho Square is a hip new hotel! Enjoy the chic amenities of Soho Square. Walk to great shopping and local restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your aloft Birmingham Soho Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Birmingham Soho Square Hotel Homewood
- Aloft Hotel Homewood
- Birmingham Soho Square Aloft