“Satisfactory for recovery from long day's drive” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hamilton
Miami, Florida
“Satisfactory for recovery from long day's drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Clean, quiet rooms, comfortable bed, in-room microwave and refrigerator. After our10 PM arrival, in-room microwave wouldn't work. The thoughtful desk clerk offered to change rooms or let us use microwave in breakfast area. We chose the latter and found napkins, plates, and utensils that we used to prepare a gourmet leftover dinner we had brought from home. Our senior rate was $10 less than that offered by Days Inn down the road.

Room Tip: In addition to 1st floor rooms facing parking lot, rooms 120 and 122 on the first floor poolside hav...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

To be in the middle of nowhere small town. The stay here was relaxing. Rooms clean. And had a restaurant inside. That was out of this world. The best steak I've ever had. My wife had a seafood platter. It was better then being on the coast. All fresh

• Stayed March 2013
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We had been on the road 10 hours and were exhausted and pulled off the highway. This was the only motel we saw. I was a little concerned because it looked like they had a strip joint hooked to it but I guess it was a restaurant.
The room was ok - nothing special, but It was clean and the furniture looked updated and there was just a slight stale odor when entering.
The main problem we had was there was a dog a couple doors down from us that kept barking anytime someone would pull up. I remember telling my daughter if he didn't shut up, they were going to have to move us or them but then I must have fallen asleep.
We were on the road early before breakfast was served so I can't rate the breakfast.
I wouldn't seek out this motel, but if it was the only thing around, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the bar or restaurant, just in case they get noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Elkton, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I use to only use this hotel but recently they have awful customer service!!! I will drive thirty minutes away just to stay at a different hotel!! They yell, have no respect, and are very rude!!! I will not stay at this hotel again.. I use to stay here for the Ramp.. But will not anymore!! They do not give you a discount either like they say its the same price one the internet!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Maeystown, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I used to stay in the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites in Hamilotn everytime I came to town ofr RAMP but on my last visit I found out that Rachael- the previous Manager was no longer there. I know she had been there at least a couple of years and was always such a wonderful help to me and everyone from our Church when we visited. She went out of her way to try and make sure we had a comfortable stay and greeted us with such a warm spirit and great smile that just had to improve your day. She was phenominal and was such an assett to this place. Since she is no longer there I do not see us returning to stay with them any longer. Now the hotel is poorly run, you do not get the same atmosphere as before with the old manager. The rooms are in poor shape, the quality of service just stinks and no one is helpful with anything. i would not recommend to stay here unless you want to be treated rudely. my opinion is for whatever reason Ms. Rachael left or was gotten rid of, which ever the case may be they need to find her and get her back she made this place a joy and many people stayed here just because of her.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Jonesboro, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

I am sure the past reviews were likely accurate, as I almost didn't stay here because the building looked old, so I wasn't sure how well-kept the rooms were. I believe this location was renovated recently. There is fresh paint and carpets, new flatscreen tvs, a mini fridge and microwave, wireless internet, and a decent continental breakfast with waffles and pancakes. Everything was very very clean, area was quiet, and staff was great.

If you want to stay here, go for it. I enjoyed my stay. My only complaint is, usually Econo Lodges are pretty cheap (around $40); this one cost me about $60. Still, it is a clean and well-kept property.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

This is by far the worst motel we have ever stayed in. The paper was peeling off the walls. there was a hole in the wall by the bed stuffed with paper. The air was not working. the breakfast consisted of dry cereal and pre packaged muffins that you had to look at to make sure there was no mold growing on them. To top it all off, after playing ball at the park all day , we arrived back at our room tired and sweaty with two hungry children and found we were locked out of our room! The locks would not work with our keys or the motel master key. The lone person working there could not contact management or maintenance to get us in to our room. Her answer? Wait til morning for house keeping, don't worry about clean clothes or brushing our teeth. Oh yeah. Wal-Mart down the road was having a sale so maybe we could go buy what we needed. You won't find us staying here again!!!

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — poor service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!