“Last minute reservation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN on the Beach

You added BEST WESTERN on the Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN on the Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   337 East Beach Blvd., PO Box 481, Gulf Shores, AL 36547   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
“Last minute reservation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I drove to Gulf Shores as a last minute trip. We were able to get a room for the night on the beach. The desk clerk was very nice. Walking distance to shops and food. The room was clean and even though it was a limited view of the beach it was still nice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN on the Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations during your last minute reservation. Spontaneous vacations always seem to be the best! We hope to have the pleasure of your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

First off their rates change daily. Depends on what the "general manager" wants to charge. Second they painted the wall, and had no wet paint signs. Ruined my t-shirt and a hand made baby blanket. Then just tried to wash it for us. $25 t-shirt+$75baby blanket= $100. Their solution for compensation was $27.50 off the the already over charged room rate. Will never stay there again and DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

• Stayed June 2013
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

8 year old daughter and I drove over from Pensacola Beach FL to visit family that was staying in one of the many gorgeous high rise condos.We were not planning to stay the night but after spending a long day on the beach and going to dinner, I did not want to drive back to Pensacola.
I found Best Western 5 properties away from the condo.I almost missed it due to all the hi-rises.
The staff was super friendly and even gave us a discounted rate since it was 1 night and we were not able to take advantage of thier beach or pools.Expectations for the room was not high. After all, it is an older hotel and has been there for a very long time. The room had been updated with fresh paint and linens and suprised to see a stove along with a mid sized refridgerator. If traveling on a budget and not too many people per room, this would be an affordable place to stay and cook your own meals.That's to say if you dont mind an older hotel and not an upscale place.If you want more of a luxury place, look into the many vacation condo rentals that are offered but require a minimum of 3 nights.

Springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Have stayed here twice now, with the most recent last week. Prices for this hotel are too high for the amenities lacking. Shower/tub had issues and ice maker by the door was loud ALL night. BUT the proximity to the ocean and nightlife is wonderful. My child enjoyed the outdoor pool but not the indoor, too crowded usually. Bed was good this time, not the first though so glad to see they are trying to upgrade somewhat. Helpful service desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Megan T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN on the Beach, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for all of your feedback! We strive for customer satisfaction and always working to improve our guests vacation experiance. We appreciate and value all of your feedback and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you again soon!
Winston, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family stayed for two nights here for a short beach trip with the kids. We loved the fact that they had multiple pools to choose from and that the hotel was directly on the beach. There is plenty to do right around the hotel. Shopping, attractions, eating. The attendants in the lobby were so helpful as well and offered us suggestions of things we could do that would best fit our family's interest.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for all of your feedback! I am so glad that we were able to satisfy all of your vacation needs! We believe in personalized customer service, guest satisfaction is our number one goal! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you again soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

These people stole $329.00 from me. The reservation agent made the reservation for the wrong dates and charged me for her mistake. After admitting their mistake to not only me but my attorney as well they still kept the money. They did nothing to resolve the situation. So I paid for a hotel room I never stepped foot in. Do not stay at this hotel because obviously the customer does not come first. They steal your money without explanation!! The General Manager/Owner has yet to contact me and he refused my phone calls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First and foremost thank you for your reservation with us we certainly wished we would have had the pleasure of your patronage! Unfortunately it is our policy to charge the first night for reservations past our cancellation time frame (48 hours notice) Our front desk agent did not make a mistake in booking your reservation, the reservation was talked over, verified, and emailed in confirmation form. Our General Manager was/is still eager to go over any questions you may still have regarding your reservation, however since you contacted Best Western Customer Care and specifically asked to not be contacted by our General Manager it is per your request. If you would like for him to go over this with you feel free to contact us any time! Once again it is unfortunate that you were unable to stay with us, for if you did I am sure that you would have enjoyed your stay with us as so many of our guests do.
Edmonton KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Booked a last minute trip nonlinear thought we would get a room with a street view but to our surprise we got a wonderful view of the gulf. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

My only complaint is I thought the bed was way to soft. But that is just me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of your positive feedback! I am so happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations! We hope to have the pleasure of your return!

Been to BEST WESTERN on the Beach? Share your experiences!